1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Myrtle Grove

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by William681, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. William681

William681 Member

Just shot again today at Myrtle Grove in SC. (not far from Myrtle Beach)

As has been mentioned before on this site, and on "claytargetsonline", the club may not be the most fashionable of shooting clubs.

They are young, and suffering the pains of any newly established entity, especially in this economy a start up shooting club needs to be supported by us all.

They are open Wed. thru Sun. Have Skeet,(bleah), Trap, and Sporting Clays.

Yes you may have to wait a bit while they get things set up, but hey, would you rather be working?

After having moved here from Bucks County PA and the myriad of venues available to me in the tristate area. There is a dearth of trapshooting clubs available in South Eastern North Carolina that are a reasonable travel distance. (takes an hour from my home, and it is the closest)

There is a "Big 50" shoot at Myrtle Grove every Wednesday at 1PM, (I guarantee the first bird will fly at 1:01PM), will cost you $11.00, what a bargin.

The third weekend of the month has a regular 16, caps, and doubles shoot, depending on turnout.

We normally can post 3 squads but there is plenty of room for more.

I know there must be plenty of South Eastern North Carolina, and Eastern South Carolina shooters looking to hone their skills.

I will be there again on Wed April 14th. (golf commitments, ain't retirement a bitch), Come out and meet us.

Bill Boston
    Southport NC
    ATA#0516397
    NRA Certified Shotgun and Rifle Instructor

2. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

I have made it a point to go there the past few years during our vacation to Myrtle Beach. Big 50 and weekend ATA. It reminds me of Vandalia in August. Hot sun, Blue sky, burn your thumb on the barrel, sweat rolling in your eyes. It don't get much better. I have always had a good time there.

Mike

3. Danby

Danby Member

I will be in Myrtle April 17th-24th and was planning on shooting there on Wednesday and Saturday and looking at the property. Any suggestions on arrival or calling ahead etc? Dan

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Might want to give them a call..

FRedmon

5. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

I shoot there twice s week. Good people. lots of fun.

Hank Cross

6. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

I have shot there every year, my kids and I meet at MB and we shoot the sporting clays course every time. Last time we did SC, skeet and trap. We put in a full day of shooting...they are good to work with if I lived close enough I would be shooting there alot!!

7. William681

William681 Member

Shooting the Big 50 tomorrow 4/7
    If you are available come out and join us.
    Danby, I will be there 4/21 if you and your boys are coming out.
    I look foward to meeting you all.
    Most gather around 12:30, shoot will start at 1:00 prompt.
    If you need GPS address PM me and I will send or post it here.
    Bill Boston

8. William681

William681 Member

Danby,
    Check PM
    Bill Boston

9. det131

det131 Member

Bill:

Do I really have to put up with this cr**?

[​IMG]

10. William681

William681 Member

Danby check your PM.
    Enjoyed meeting and shooting with you 4/21.
    Bill Boston

det131..Bro Jim.. top gun again... yes you do have to put up with this c**p
    Bro Bill

11. det131

det131 Member

Bill.

I'm only going to say this one more time. Anyone can break those clay targets using those thousands of pellets you stick in your reloads. As you know I have become accomplished at using just the shock wave of my shot column passing by the birds to break them. Unfortunately sometimes there is not enough humidity in the air to effectively transmit that impulse to the target and it fails to break or it just may be a defect in the target itself. I can not be held accountable for freakish weather patterns nor the lack of quality control in the manufacture of those damnable clay Frisbees.

Jim

12. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

jcl,

Yes, John Stillwagon, myself and a couple of other partners own Myrtle Grove Plantation. John is Managing Director as he lives in Myrtle Beach SC.

The concept of a community of houses around a shooting facility is way off the beaten path in the housing business. That being said, the houses are filling in on the lots and even in this lousy economic times we are selling a few lots and homes as the price point is doable for most folks in the middle income brackets. ($165K to $185K)

The progress on the club has been thwarted by slow economic times as well, however the core group of shooters is growing and we see better times around the corner. The club is a break even proposition now, but that's ok so long as it keeps paying the bills.

Thanks,

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can you shoot clay birds at mryle grove

john stillwagon myrtle beach gun club

myrtle grove gun club open after fire