1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Myrtle Grove

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bridgetoofar, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Are any of you guys living here? Whats your take? How about a little feedback...will be going there in April, just trying to do a lttle homework.

Approximate taxes on a $300K home?

Cost of homeowner's association?

Cost to join the gun club?

How far is the gun club from the houses?

Target prices?

Any goofy homeowner association rules?

Lots big enough to do a 3 car garage?

Do they have a storage area for boats / RVs?

How's the security if you were to take off for a few months?

Any bird hunting nearby? Waterfowl?

2. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

3. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

TAXES IN SC ON A 300k HOUSE WOULD PROBABLY BE ABOUT 2600/YR.
    SOME HOUSES BEING BUILT NOW-APPROX 12-15. DON'T KNOW IF ANY ARE BY LOT OWNERS OR BEING BUILT ON SPEC. DOC BOC AND I OWN 4 LOTS IN PHASE I. ANNUAL HOA IS $250 BUT ONCE THE POOL AND CLUBHOUSE ARE BUILT IT WILL GO UP TO $500, THIS INCLUDES CLUB MEMBERSHIP. PHASE ONE IS ABOUT 7/8THS/MI. FROM THE RANGE-WILL BE CONNECTED BY CART PATHS. LOTS ARE SMALL, ALMOST ZERO LOT LINE BUT NOT QUITE- WOULD SUGGEST BUYING 2 LOTS IF YOU WANT A THREE CAR GARAGE. MEMBER PRICE PER ROUND WAS $3 AND $20/100 FOR SPORTING CLAYS. HAVEN'T BEEN THERE TO SHOOT FOR ABOUT 9 MONTHS AND DON'T KNOW IF THOSE PRICES ARE HOLDING. ALL KINDS OF HUNTING IN SC-MOST JOIN A HUNT CLUB, I DON'T HUNT ANYMORE. A DEER A DAY.-GOOD DUCK AND DOVE IN THE STATE-FISHING OFFSHORE IS SOME OF THE BEST IN THE US. DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE BOAT/RV PARKING. NOT ALLOWED IN THE HOUSING AREAS-THANK GOD- PLENTY OF UNDEVELOPED AREAS ON THE PROPERTY TO PARK THEM, BUT YOU NEED TO CALL JOHN TO FIND OUT THE OFFICIAL WORD. RICK ZINO-9102791136

4. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Thanks Rick. I'll be going there in April and will check things out. Doesn't sound like there are many houses in yet. I guess the housing crunch has slowed down the potential retirees from relocating. Probably a good time to pick up a couple of lots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.