1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Myrtle Grove Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Juantoomany, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

I have seen news that the club house has burned to the ground. Does anyone know if they are still shooting durning the week or weekends? Or are they shut down?

dave
  2. bkt514

bkt514 Member

Hope they get back-up and running, as I was headed that way over the Christmas season.
  3. ring3

ring3 Member

Sad news if it's indeed true. I shot there the first week of July. Nice place and friendly people. IIRC they were expecting new PAT traps soon and had began a gun rental program. I certainly plan on visiting during my next trip to Myrtle Beach. I wish them well.

Rob
  4. det131

det131 Member

My brother forwarded this to me at the end of the month (July)

"Hello Everyone,

Some sad news to report.

Last night the club house was destroyed by a fire of unknown origin. A few pictures are attached.

Club management is committed to getting the club up and running again as soon as possible.

The investigation into the cause of the fire is ongoing and the process of reopening is contingent upon completion of the investigation, review by insurance adjusters and full resolution of any safety issues resulting from the fire.

The phone to the gun club is operable and anyone should call before coming out to make sure the club is operating. As you can imagine, returning the club to it’s condition before the fire is a major undertaking and expense. Anyone wishing to help and/or donate to the club rebuilding fund should contact the club for direction.

We thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. Rest assured, Myrtle Grove is committed to coming back better than ever as soon as possible."

Don"t know if the link copied correctly for photos of the fire damage

Jim

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=adb2839e53edfd35&Bsrc=Photomail&Bpub=SDX.Photos&resid=ADB2839E53EDFD35!229&id=ADB2839E53EDFD35%21229&sff=1
  5. doc boc

doc boc Member

Trap and skeet up and running. Still nogolf carts for sporting clays..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.