1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Myrtle Grove Gun Club / Myrtle Beach, S.C.???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Clayshooter08, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

Hey Bill,
    When are going to see "Registered Trap Shoots" at Myrtle Grove?? Eight good trap fields with Bob Schultz voice release system...GREAT FACILITY!!! Has all the potential in the world, but needs to get known!!! Shoot there next time your in Myrtle Beach...My son's and I did and will continue to!!!!!!!!

2. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Have they marked the yardage on the fields yet??

FR

3. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I'm planning to be in the Myrtle Beach area in a few weeks for a vacation and I'm think of taking a trap gun and shooting at Myrtle Grove. But . . . . . I can't get anyone there to answer the phone. Maybe someone here can answer a few questions:

1. It's kinda hot there right now. Do people shoot in the evenings?

2. What are the charges for a trap round? For ammo?

3. I gather they have a voice release system, but I'm unfamiliar with "Bob Schultz". Whatizzit?

4. What's the story about marking the yardage on the fields? Do you just guess where to stand, or is the problem related only to handicap?

5. Anything else I should know before going to the trouble of shipping a gun across the country to shoot there?

Thanks.

Ted K.

4. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

TED K-CALL ME AND I'LL GIVE YOU THE SCOOP-RICK ZINO 9102791136

5. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

THEY DO NOT SHOOT IN THE EVENINGS. BILL-THE MANAGER IS PRETTY MUCH A ONE MAN SHOW. NOT ENOUGH BUSINESS TO HIRE ANYONE I GUESS-HIS SON IN LAW HELPS HIM BUT I DON'T THINK HE DRAWS A WAGE AND WORKS FOR TIPS. SEVEN TRAP FIELDS WITH PAT TRAPS AND 2 SKEET FIELDS AN SPORTING CLAYS. THE SPORTING CLAYS WAS FRUSTRATING FOR ME DUE TO MUCHO TRAP PROBLEMS ON ALL STATIONS. HOPEFULLY THAT HAS BEEN CORRECTED BY NOW. THEY SHOOT REGISTERED BIRDS EVERY MONTH (TRAP). WEDNESDAY SEEMS TO BY A GOOD DAY TO GO SINCE THEY HAVE A TRAP LEAGUE. SOME DAY I THINK IT WILL BE A 1ST CLASS FACILITY ONCE IT GETS A LARGER FOLLOWING-THE HOUSING MARKET HAS KIND OF PUT A DAMPER ON THINGS AS THERE AR VERY FEW OF THE HOMESITES AND TRAILER SITES SOLD TO DATE-SHOULD GET BETTER WHEN THE DEMS ARE OUT OF OFFICE, BUT I'LL PROBABLY BE DEAD BY THEN. THEY ARE OPEN ON WED THRU SUN FROM ABOUT 10:00 TO 5:00 AND THEY THROW GOOD TARGETS -RICK ZINO

6. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Tolipnug-

That answers my question #1, but leaves me in the dark as to the rest.

Any more info?

Ted K.

7. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ted,

As one of the partners at Myrtle Grove I feel you have a legitimate question. We have not built the camp ground as yet as there is a world class RV park 1 mile down the road. It is never full and the cost for a good camping facility is not in the budget yet.

Thanks,

Bob

8. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Bob -

I didn't ask about a camp ground. Here are the unanswered questions I asked in my first post:

2. What are the charges for a trap round? For ammo?

3. I gather they have a voice release system, but I'm unfamiliar with "Bob Schultz". Whatizzit?

4. What's the story about marking the yardage on the fields? Do you just guess where to stand, or is the problem related only to handicap?

5. Anything else I should know before going to the trouble of shipping a gun across the country to shoot there..

As to question # 3, I guess I now know what a "Bob Schultz" target release system is. Have you patented yourself?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.