1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Myrtle Grove April 19 & 20

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bridgetoofar, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Does anyone know what the program is for these dates. I'll be in the area and want to shoot. Can't seem to get a response from the club.

2. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

NOT SURE WHATS GOING ON THAT WEEKEND, BUT THEY SHOOT REGISTERED TARGETS THE LAST WEEKEND OF EVERY MONTH. DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD A TURNOUT THEY HAVE AS I HAVEN'T BEEN FOR ABOUT 9 MONTHS. THE CLUB SEEMS TO GET MORE AND MORE SHOOTERS EVERY TIME I GO. THERE ARE QUITE A FEW HOUSES GOUNG UP IN THE HOUSING AREA AND I THINK THEY ARE UP TO 7 TRAP FIELDS. SOD HAS BEEN IN FOR ABOUT 7 MONTHS NOW. I LIVE ABOUT 60 MILES NORTH AND AM A PROPERTY OWNER THERE. HOPING IT WILL EVENTUALLY TURN INTO A SILVER DOLLAR TYPE CLUB EVENTUALLY- IF SO I WILL BUILD THERE. RICK ZINO

3. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I went to the shoot on Saturday. There were three shooters. I did not shoot. I was told that no one really shoots on Saturday and that they expected it to be busy on Sunday. I arrived at 9:30 on Sunday and there was no one there. I waited until 10:30 and there were no shooters. I was told that someone might show up later in the day, so I left and was not amused. I was on vacation and simpy looking for something to do while my wife was on the beach, so I decided to come back on Wednesday to shoot sporting clays. I was told to be there by 9am, as there were groups that went out on the course at that time. I took yet another drive to the club and arrived at 9:30am. No one there. I waited another hour and zilch. I drove to this part of SC to check out the club and the housing development. I feel sorry for those who have invested in lots and/or houses. I'm certainly not convinced that this club will ever get off the ground. I sure hope it does, but for now it's simply a half ass operation not worth further consideration. I was less than impressed. For a further description..... the "shoot" was on one trap, with one inexperienced puller. The handicap yardage was marked by the club manager "pacing off" the yardage and plopping down the canterbury where his stride thought it should be. It will take 100 years for this place to become the Silver Dollar of the Carolinas.

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

One of my friends shot Saturday at Myrtle Grove. He is from Pennsylvania and spent some time shooting in NC.

He has spent time trying to get his message across about issues that you described above.

Maybe things will turn around?

PS - I sent the post to John Stillwagon for his review.

FR

5. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

There are numerous things you could do to build a shooter base at that club, but it would take owner involvement and advertising. The draw from the vacationers alone could keep the place alive with rental guns (but they have none). All of the beach resorts have activity managers looking for things for their customers to do. The local shooter base would probably be interested in shooting big 50 events and different league shooting would also build interest. The land is there for a rifle and pistol range and it would be the only one in the area. It would be cheap to build and advertise and would draw and introduce new shooters to the clay target games.

Like I said, I hope it all works out, but it's too much of a gamble for me to invest in a home there right now. Had a check in my wallet too.

6. dshot

dshot Member

Bridgetoofar, I am a slow learner,I had the same experience two or three times before I stopped driving to the club for Reg. shoots. I had hoped it would change,but it looks like it's the same old thing. The owners are very good people and trap shooters, one would think they would run the shoots better are stop haveing them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.