1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

myrtle beach area sporting clays

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by leadhead358, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

Does anyone know of sporting clay courses around the myrtle beach area. Probably within an hours drive. Heading there in a couple of days and want to shoot at least twice next week.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Myrtle Grove Gun Club in Longs, SC is one, but the best place is Backwoods Quail Club in Hemingway, SC near Georgetown, SC.

3. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

Another vote for Backwoods. Rick is a nice guy.

4. LarrySC

LarrySC TS Member

Don't even think about choosing which place to go to for sporting clays... there is only one choice--Back Woods Quail Club.

Back Woods has two automated sporting clays courses; each course has 10 stations. There is a variety of imaginative presentations (e.g., machines mounted on towers, rabbits, incomers, a target bouncing off of a trampoline) and the target setter (Dave Lemon) makes full use of the terrain, wooded areas, and ponds. The courses are frequently changed.

Back Woods also has a skeet field, five stand, and trap field. Feel free to join our group, which varies from 3 to 6 shooters, every Friday at 9:00 AM for a round of sporting clays. Just ask for the group with Wayne and Larry. Back Woods' website is at:
    http://www.backwoodsquailclub.com/

Not only is Rick Hemingway a nice guy but Ms. Becky, Ms. Lauren, Mr. Dave and Mr. George will greet you with their great Southern hospitality.

LarrySC

5. butch 26

butch 26 TS Member

I shot at Myrtle Grove last week---10 stations---two stations would not throw birds and two others were sinply out of targets. while it is closer, you will enjoy Back Woods alot more --nicer targets over some great water settings.

6. bbadini

bbadini TS Member

I have shot sporting clays several times at Myrtle Grove and Backwoods Quail. No contest - Backwoods Quail in Georgetown is the place to go. I agree totally with LARRYSC.

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Another vote for Backwoods. Great place to shoot and if you didn't bring your gun they have them to rent.

Jerbear

8. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

Thanks guys!! Shot at Backwoods Quail Club and had a good time. Shot orange course twice but didnt shoot green course. Owners are very pleasant and helpful. Very challaging course and thowers never missed a beat, although my wife missed a beat or two when I said pull (day dreaming). Will be going back again when we are at the beach. Owners even showed me a short cut to cut off half an hour driving time. Thanks again Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
myrtle beach skeet shooting
myrtle beach sporting clays
skeet shooting myrtle beach sc
skeet shooting near myrtle beach
sporting clays in myrtle beach sc

sporting clays myrtle beach

sporting clays myrtle beach sc

sporting clays near myrtle beach