1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Myabe I over analyze but I don't understand people

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jacob Guthrie, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

Myabe I over analyze but I don

Went to a local club to practice earlier this evening, was coming back through a town I commonly stop at when going to this club. I filled up with gas and ran over to McDonald's to grab a sandwich, noticed a car in line that just passed me was in the drive thru which stretched all the way to the road nearly. I walked in and there was only one lady in line. (It gets better) a lady talking on her phone comes in and says "excuse me where am I?" puzzled I said excuse me? she says "what town am I in?" I said Scottsburg. Her reply "Indiana or Kentucky?" I said Scottsburg, Indiana. Back to the drive thru, I got in my car with my sandwich and was pulling out and that car I had seen earlier was just ordering. So basically my point is why do people spend 10 plus minutes in the drive thru when nobody is inside? And how on earth do people not know where they are? It just baffles me. Jake

2. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

How come animals have to stop to pee, but can poop while they are walking??

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Answers to your questions:

1)Some People are Lazy

2)Some People are Stupid

4. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

One EARLY morning on the opening day of PA's bear season, four of us had scheduled a meet for breakfast and hunt. We were in a little town of maybe 2 or 3 thousand population. This was about 4:00 in the morning. The restaurant we normally met at had closed and we were on the sidewalk trying to figure out where to go. The nearest places we knew about were all 15 or more miles away.

While we were on the sidewalk up walks this girl, probably early to mid 20's and she asks can we tell her where she is at and where the route is to walk to Oil City (a town about 30 miles away). She was a bit less than coherent. Once she found out it was thirty miles she asked about a cab or bus. Those things do not even exist out in the boonies where we were.

We figured she needed a bit more help than we could provide so I offered to take her to the State Police barracks about two miles out of town. The others followed me to the barracks. Before she got in, I loaded up my hunting handgun and put it in the side tray of the door. She did not see it. I do have a CCW so it was legal.

Along the way just a bit out of town there was a state cop on traffic duty. I stopped and talked to him and he said to take her to the barracks.

We got to the barracks and explained what had gone on. She said that some "friends" had invited her to a party but then her girlfriend took off with some other guy and left her at a place about a mile out of town. She had to get to Oil City since her mother was watching the baby and had to go to work in the morning.

The cop explained that they could not take her. They also ran a wants and warrants but she came up clean. I told the cop I would take her to Oil City. He asked if my friends would go with me and I said I had my fried Ruger waiting in the truck. He just kind of smiled and said nothing. I told him to just have the cars on patrol keep an eye out for me.

Well, I started taking her back to Oil City and a couple of miles out of the town where we first found her, there was a freshly hit deer laying right at the edge of the road. There were still a bunch of plastic pieces on the road and the deer was still kicking. I pulled off the road a few yards past shut off the engine, took the keys out, pulled the gun out of the door and let me tell you, HER EYES GOT REAL WIDE OPEN. I went up and put one .44 Mag thru the deer's head and shoved it off the road. When I got back to the truck she sure seemed to have sobered up real fast. When I came back and ejected the spent case and put a live round in, her eyes got even bigger! I don't think she said a word the rest of the 25 miles till I dropped her off right in front of the town police station which is where she asked to go.

Incidentally, I did see about three state cops along the road. Normally I would not have expected to see any in that area at that time of very early morning. Maybe the cop back at the barracks did put the word out. I don't know but it sure seemed awful coincidental.

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

My guess is the woman had been talking on the phone for an hour and did not realize how far she had driven, or where she was driving. As for the drive through, they where originally designed to save the customers time. Unfortunately, people have not figured out that it now takes less time to walk in and order, because everyone else that is in that long line still thinks the drive through is quicker. Its kind of like the people trying to find the closest parking space to the door, at the health club.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What I hate is when you walk in to McDammits, no one is there, but they put your order way down the list behind the cars in line, because they're supposed to give priority to the cars.

7. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

The most apt quotation is, "they walk among us." Heaven forbid we become one of THEM. But for the grace of God, so go I.

Robert

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

When she asked where are we, you should have answered, planet earth.
    Steve

9. APrice

APrice Active Member

"Myabe" you should just eat somewhere else.

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

1. It could be a convenience thing. Either that or their clothes are dirty.

2. ?

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Who would win in a fight between Mighty Mouse and Super Man?

12. copper

copper Member

Well on the finishing off the deer I worked as private cop in a gated community and we had to call State Police to report we were going to do this and get OK or could have LEGAL issues. Be carfull with that. On the girl I think I would have called police I don,t want stranger in my car 6 months down road she claims you got fresh No thanks. Your heart right place just to risky

13. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Libs are still walking around out there. Lost as they may be they need guidance. She was probably talking bto her congressman about where to find free food or who would pay for her meal at Mickey D's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.