1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My View on Targets, ATA Savings, Concrete

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

This would solve the PRO CLASS, save the ATA lots of money, in Labor, and target costs.

Use 3 hole targets set at 44-46 degrees 22-23 Degrees from centerline post #3
    easy to do on a pat trap, they come w/ a 3 hole and 2 hole bracket for setting the angles, just slide the sensors and lock them down. I just set up a new Pat Trap with their 3 hole bracket.

When a shootoff on singles comes up spread the sensors to quicken the shootoff.
    Saves the shooters shells and the ATA Targets, wages for pullers and setters,
    cuts down on overtime.

There would be no more 1,000+ SHOOT OFFS on 16 yds.

Handicap target set to the original angles of 22-23 degrees from center post #3.

Shells limited to 1200 Fps #7 shot max size, 1 1/8th oz. Max Speed.

One ounce loads same 1200 Fps, these shells are available now. Max speed.

Lewis classes to be 50/30/20 not hi gun.

Allow CALCUTTAS this puts money back into the Game, will not need a PRO CLASS
    group of shooters pool their money and try to buy the winner, if they buy themselves they get 100% of winnings, Calcutta split 40/30/20/10 Pays 4 places.

ATA gets a 2-5% rake on the calcutta, Missouri does this and puts on a feed.

Short yardage shooters could win some big bucks.

Shell House will have less shells to stock.

Someone deleted this post earlier.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Would not need to pour concrete for longer 30 yd line.

GB
    DLS

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

How many 1000 plus target shootoffs do you know of? I mean the record is held by Leo Harrison III and Foster Bartholow at 900 set in 2008 which by the way topped the old record by 275 targets. I don't think anything even remotely close to that new record or even the old record happens on a routine basis. Oh, but since i'm only on the 20.5 and started shooting ATA registered Trap in 2006, i guess these facts don't count from me.

Dr.Longwind said:

"Someone deleted this post earlier."

Gee why would anyone want to do that? Maybe we will get lucky again.

4. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Matt, Im sick and tired of your know it all attitude. You werent shooting in 1920 like dr longblow, you dont own your own business, you dont personally chum around with all the big dogs, your gun dont shoot 200% high, your not a dr, you wont sign your name, your not a life member, you have never shot 3 hole, dam man must i go on??? You cant even stand in dr longblows shawdow so stop it.. :)
    chris

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Dang your giving me a complex Chris. LOL

6. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

7. DanLee

DanLee Member

While we're at it, skeet would benefit by going back to the pre-1948 rules of low gun start and variable delay pull!

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.