1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My View on Targets and Shootoffs, Concrete

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

My view is this on targets and concrete, and shootoffs.

Shootoffs in 16 yd going in such high numbers is not needed, implementing the 3 hole targeta 44-46 degree angle which amounts to 22-23 degrees from center,
    and shells w/ max speed of 1200 fps including 1 oz loads which are available from Mfgrs now.

This will cut down on the number of 200 straights, I doubt if you will see 99 200 straights at the grand.

16 Yd shootoff targets would be set at a greater angle, on Pat Traps by simply
    moving the sensors a little wider apart, this very easy to do, they could even put a permanent marker black ink mark on cyl.

Presently Pat Traps come with 2 aluminum pieces marked 2 hole and 3 hole targets
    which set the angles, the Pat Trap I recently set up had them shipped w/trap.

C & D Shooters will not have to shoot perfect scores to win their class, but some will I think on their day.

Everything is possible, everybody has their GOOD DAY.

On Handicaps you will not need to add more concrete.

The handicap scores will be lower, the shorter yardage shooters will have better payouts, especially in Lewis Classes, and Lewis Classes divided 50/30/20 not high gun, would be mandatory at all ATA Registered Shoots.

The Great Eastern Purse 25/15/10/25/15/10 which pays the top 6 scores not high gun

The ATA should allow a CALCUTTA at all ATA events, shooters and buyers supply the money in auctions. The ATA would take a percentage like 2%.

Calcuttas used to put a lot of money in shoots, I have been there and done that.

These small changes would would save the ATA shootoff targets, Monies paid to staff to run shootoffs, shooters would save money on shells for the shootoffs.

Shooters could leave shoots earlier for their drives home.

Maybe I missed something, that would help even further.

It takes a positive approach to achieve a good change and I think this would be a good change for shooters and the ATA.

The simple addition of the CALCUTTA saves the need for a PRO Class.

I think this alone would help

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Dr.Longshot

up for comments

GB
    DLS

3. Dr.Longshot

There would be less shells to be stocked in shell house for further savings.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

Great. But, no shot speed restrictions. Remove all shot speed restrictions.

5. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Scooter...are you missing the point?

6. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Just rambles on, amazing!

7. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Once again what you want will make about a .0001% difference. Spend all this money to change stuff. The top shooters will still be the top shooters. The new shooters will lose interest and you will still shoot bad scores and continue to cry that the ATA wont cater to your moronic views.

8. chikeneyes

chikeneyes TS Member

good job but nobody up there is listening If they took a pole I am on your side PITA still has cal some clubs know how to put on a cal most do not to bad there missing the boat again good thinking

9. Dr.Longshot

This is what the TOP DOGS want, ceases the PRO CLASS,.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. Dr.Longshot

To The Top

11. Dr.Longshot

TrapshooterAA27AA- Where does it take spending money for these changes.
    Zero money to be spent, no need for concrete, you are an excellent shooter, these changes would be what you should want done.

How will this affect you, I see noeffect, just more money for you to shoot for.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. running bear

running bear Member

Your beating a dead horse.

Buck

13. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

A friend of mine came up with a novel idea for prize money in Flyer shoots. Scale up entries for different classes, in this case Open, Vet and Super vet and Ladies. The big dogs get to gamble higher, and you don't drive out other people with exhorbitant compulsory purses.

14. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Dr Longblow. Now Im positive you must be brain dead. Whether Im a great shooter or not I told you I dont care what targets are thrown I will shoot them. All the changes you want If some one like Neil wanted a full time job for a couple years to track the outcome of your changes would show it was a waste of time. Once again the great shooters will still shoot the tops scores and the newer shooters or average shooters wont. Its takes dedication to be great. Why discourage newbies from shooting if there not capable to break a good score? I like to see long shootoffs just because of the fact you got to the shootoff and then prove how good you are to beat the best in 100 or 500 targets...who cares. If you are truly trying to make the ATA grow and have better participitation making it harder is not the way.
    Chris

15. Steve Bills

Steve Bills Member

Gary: I believe you have some very good idea's & if given a chance might work..Lewis class needs the change you have presented. Time brings on change, some good.. some not so good. Steve

16. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Calcutta's are illegal in most states and would change the ATA's tax status.

Surfer

17. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Dr. Longwind

You posted above "This is what the TOP DOGS want, ceases the PRO CLASS"

Could you please list the "TOP DOGS" that have come to you and told you this is what they want

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.