1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THE WISCONSIN STATE SHOOT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    Before I got ill I picked this past week for vacation to attend the Wisconsin state shoot. Although I was not physically able to shoot I came out to watch on most days. What really impressed me was the hard work being done by the people who run the shoot. Lets face it, the weather could have completely ruined this shoot, but do to some pretty dedicated people the shoot still continued on.

After 40 years of shooting most of my personal friends that I use to shoot with have either passed away, or stopped shooting due to their age, health issues, or economic reasons. Regardless, I still enjoyed being out at the club watching the new shooters with their unbridled passion for this sport I love. Watching squad after squad shoot with the very young, as well as the very old was enjoyable.

Although my shooting days are numbered, walking past a gun rack filled with shotguns for sale still gives me a special feeling of the "I got to haves". Running into old friends that I haven't seen in a long time, talking about past shoots, was very enjoyable.

As I was leaving to go back home, I was happy to know that trapshooting in Wisconsin is in good hands. From the devoted members of the WTA, and the people who generously donate their time to insure that the shoot go on despite the weather, I tip my hat to you. Job well done.

Steve Balistreri

2. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Steve...I'm sure there are a lot of us that have that same good feeling.

BB

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I always make a point of thanking some of the people working a well run shoot before I leave. Having done the same job myself, I know how well it's appreciated.

Rich in Indiana

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

It nice when shooters can compliment the work that others do to keep shooting sports and the clubs at their finest . It won`t be long before those on here start knocking down the hard work that is necessary to run shoots smooth . Bravo to the hard working members and all the youngsters that make it all happen .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.