1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My SUNBUSTERS shooting glasses experience

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wireguy, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I bought the Sunbusters Maverick shooting glasses and had the RX inserts made and attached. When I got them and wore them they were great. Until the first time I shot in them. As long as I was just wearing them they were excellent with clear crisp vision and nice colored lenses, but as soon as I laid my face down on the stock I was looking through the left upper corners of both the RX and colored lenses. The only way they would work was with my head in a perfectly upright, normal position. If I moved the glasses so that the right side of the nosepiece was high and to the left of my nose, then when I mounted I was looking right through the middle of them. I took the ear pieces off and wired the nosepiece with attached RX lenses into that position into the frames of my Randolph Rangers and went shootiong. They were naturally uncomfortable but worked great. My eyes are set fairly deep under my brow ridge as befits my Neanderthal heritage so that might be part of the problem. I really don't know, but given the design, and with all that I have learned as a result of this experience (a LOT) I don't know how this design could possibly work for any shooting of long guns where your head is going to be slightly lowered and off to one side. I took a picture of myself with the gun mounted and I look exactly the same as all the shooters you see in all the gun advertising ads, head down on the stock, eyes cast slightly upward, and face turned slightly to the right to center the master eye over the rib while snuggling the stock into the cheekbone. Your experience may be different due to the way you mount the gun, shape of face and so on.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Could be that you might need an adjustable comb to keep your head un-tilted.

Eric

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Duhhh...your persciption is supposed to be where you look through your lens when shooting...not...in the center!

If you go to someone familiar with shooting, they might even have you bring along your gun and have you mout it to see just where your eye is looking through the lens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.