1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My son finally got his graduation present....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A new for 2007 Savage Predator Hunter in .223. It has a 22" medium contour barrel, oversize bolt handle, synthetic stock, a nice, light, crisp trigger pull (AccuTrigger) and is fully camo'd.<br>
    <br>
    I've had this on order for five months, ever since it became a possibility Sean would graduate from high school a year early. Savage finally got a run of 223 guns done. (The 204 was first followed by the 22-250). My friend who works at a local gunstore just got this in this morning.<br>
    <br>
    This gun balances a lot better than the 24" heavy varmint barreled guns. It's exactly what I would want in a bolt action coyote gun, and I'm not a bolt action fan.<br>
    <br>
    We need to get it scoped. Sean has been earning and saving up money, so we'll see how much scope he can afford. Hopefully he'll have enough saved up for a
    Leupold.<br>
    <br>
    http://www.savagearms.com/2007_pressrelease.htm

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Brian,

I know that from reading your posts that you know your stuff, but keep Burris in mind if he can't afford the Leuopold. I love mine.

Brett D.

3. mt

mt Member

Wow, great graduation gift. Congratulations.

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Brian,

It sounds as if the young man really earned this one! My congrat's goes out to your son. You must be one proud Papa, Brian!

ec90t

5. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I bought a Savage package gun in .204 Ruger. Took the crappy Simmons scope off and replaced it with a Nikon. I can't belive how good this little gun shoots! With factory ammo and the sporter barrel I can get .5 inch 100 yard 3 shot groups.

I have both Nikon and Burris FFII scopes and they are both very good with Nikon being just a tad brighter IMO.

6. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

We have a high school senior who is expecting a new car. I wish he would settle for a Krieghoff Trap Special combo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.