1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My son breakin' one...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Surveyin', May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surveyin'

Surveyin' Member

My son breakin

This is my boy breakin' one at the SIYSSA shoot in Sparta yesterday. Looks like he was a bit left, but its still an X. His team took home first in the Intermediate Entry (7th graders) category.

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Good for him, must make you proud

3. LDAddi

LDAddi TS Member

Yes, he looks good at what he's doing. He must have some "surveyor" in him as he's leaning a little from carrying all that survey stuff on his belt.
    It's good you've intro'd him this game.

Larry

(Old and grouchy ex-surveyor, finally retired.)

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

So nice to see kids doing something constructive that requires self discipline.

5. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

And a big thumbs up to the coaches and parents for providing financial and logistic support!

6. todddietrich

todddietrich Active Member

There were over 130 kids for the monthly shoot, SIYSSA has 175 kids participating. Todd Tracy from Foxfire has been a great leader for the Southern Illinois Youth Shooting Sports. We draw more kids to our monthly shoot than alot of clubs get adults. Congrats to all the kids, and good luck to the High School seniors that are moving on. You can follow SIYSSA on the facebook page.

regards,

Todd / Illinois

7. Surveyin'

Surveyin' Member

Todd, you are correct. Todd Tracy has done a great job. He asked if I would help coach Fox Fire next year and I eagerly accepted!! I know there will be at least one more school next year as Waltonville now has a team. They have a parent spearheading the program, a nice fella named Dave. Todd spoke at their school board meeting to help them get it together.

As a coach, one thing I will try to do is keep parents informed when there are local registered shoots. I pay attention and I still missed a couple this Spring. Of course, participation in those requires so much more from the parents than the school team shoots because of time, $$, transportation, etc. But I know the most important thing for improvement is SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!!!

I am extremely proud of my son. He just finished the 7th grade. In the fall he was shooting his 20 ga and at his first shoot in November, he hit 45/100. Over the winter I found a great deal on a lightly used 391 parallel target and when the weather was nicer he started practicing (3-4 times a week) and shooting registered shoots outside of the team events. He is now pretty consistently 75-80. He hit 76 yesterday in Sparta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.