1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Shotguns Talk to Me....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Uhhhhhh, my guns don't talk to me.<br>
    <br>
    Have you considered counseling?

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mine tell me to pull their barrel. When i do they go boom. They don't have fingers. Bulge

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Put it in me and pull the trigger big boy ! LOL

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I agree with "THE UNLOADER"! I have called mine a great deal of names. Some in English, Spanish, and some that aren't even thought of yet! Mine has never talked to me until the day I sold it. I started shooting trap with a BT99 about three years ago. I had shot skeet for 10 years. I wanted a nicer gun. I bought a used Perazzi MX15 off of this website. I picked it up and had faith in it. I broke a 25 with it the day I got it. Broke some good scores, and like a dummy...I thought I would shoot better with something more expensive. Sold the Perazzi to my friend. The minute I sold it, I regretted it. When I handed the gun to him...I heard "Idiot Alert" in the air. Luckily he didn't like it, and I didn't like my newer gun. I bought it back from him last June. Won enough @ my State Shoot and Grand to cover my losses as a gun trader. I will never ever sell that gun. I might buy something different, but that ole' Perazzi will still be there. I turn to it and talk to it when I am down and out! LOL!

Matt

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

You people who have relationships and conversations with your shotguns need some mental help. They're just metal and wood, Jeez.

My mint Browning Medalist target pistol, on the other hand, does moan and complain to me constantly. But that's just because I refuse to let that sexy little be-hotch out of the safe ;)

-Gary

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

My firearms are rather quiet and obedient, but my progressive presses have a nagging habit of wanting to be constantly fed expensive components. :^)

7. jaymz1967

jaymz1967 TS Member

My Wingmaster seems to tell me "Lift your head and dont follow through"

8. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Mach One - stock fit by Dennis DeVault - "Keep your eye on the target, Joe, I've got this one."

New eye glasses help.

9. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I've heard mine say "What the F**K were you lookin' at?"

AndyH :-\

10. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i can honsetly say- when i look at guns in a rack , one will jump out and say"OWN ME"!!!! i've had it happen clear across the room or tent or where every they are gathered!! i had this same problem when growing up and going to teen dances or bars!!

11. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Wait a minute ........ Many of us have gone to great lengths to fit our shotguns to our individual body shapes, stances, mounts, etc. We may have many different swing dynamics, different leads, etc. We do this to make our trap guns an extension of our arms and eyes. If we shoot enough, we expect to hit every clay. So when you do lose a clay, your trap gun better be talking back to you, giving you feedback as to how you screwed up (it isn't the gun's fault!). How many times after a lost clay do you tell yourself, "I know exactly why I lost that bird!" It's because you felt the difference between that lost shot and all the other successful shots you've had. That 'felt difference' is your trap gun talking back to you.

If you don't hear what your trap gun is telling you, you're not listening!

LA

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Comedy's tough!

13. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

I think we all have a special gun. Mine is a 1100 trap t 30" mod vr barrel mc stock, 1st gun I purchased in 40 years. Looked like crap. Got home started cleaning it found out it was coated in cosmoline. It took 5 hours to completely clean and check it. I was shooting 24's before heart problems. Now I'm over swinging with my lighter guns ,from lifting weights and exercising ,I hear it calling me back. Think I get it out this week. It's my second 1100, sold my 1st one 25 years ago, big mistake. Thank God I kept my dbl Fox. Still working on my 870 trap tb. My second favorite gun.
    Railroad

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

one time in a handicap event mine asked " don't you have a bigger load"

15. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Built it and he will come. Now I gotta build a trap field.

Ed Ward

16. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Hearing a piece of metal and wood talking to you is a sign of dangerous mental heath. If I were you I would not post it hear. Someone might just go and tell Obamy and he will take all your talking voices away for good!!! LOL Just a thought. Break-em all. JEff

17. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

All I ever hear from my gun is, "You suck, man, give it up." Or, "Who ever said you could shoot trap"?

Or that lying *ss gun will say, "You can break this one"........Yeah, right.

I can't be sure but I thought I've heard it snicker a time or two also.

Hauxfan!

18. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

my guns can't quit laughing long enough to draw a decent breath to get a word out.

The last time one said anything, it threatened to sue me for fraud.

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Haux...the laughter was coming from Jeffs gun...Jeff,...can you tell your shooting iron to tone it down a bit : ))

20. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

My guns don't talk to me but I have been known to talk to them before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.