1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My shooting jacket & vest shrunk on the hanger

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I am very upset that every year I purchase a new shooting jacket and or vest and it seems to shrink on the hanger from April to October. Do I have to much heat & humidty in the house that causes this problem?

My last shooting jacket and vest was a size 4XL, as it was a shade to big and little long on me. I tried them both on yesterday and I am now having trouble zipping them up, plus they got shorter. My wife asked me where did I get the Eisenhower jacket?

Does anyone know if any company makes a 5XL shooting jacket and vest? My smart a-- son is staying over for the holidays and just walked buy and said Omar the tent maker makes my size.

Seriously, I am fed up with cheap shooting clothing shrinking on the hanger. Have any of you witnessed this same phenomena? Same thing is happening to my shoes as I seem to need a wider width. I just went from a 12 E shoe to a 12 EEE.

Like Vince Lombardi once said "what the he-- is going on around her?
    Steve Balistreri

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

It's just the time of year. By March you'll be the svelte, suave, debonaire six-footer again, just like always.

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Steve,
    After reading your thread I checked my shooting apparel and, sure enough, it shrunk also!! I have no clue what is going on but I am very upset!...Uncle Sam

4. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

AHA, I see the makings of a "CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT" beginning here.

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I think it must be that cheap imported stuff, it shrinks before you have a chance to actually wear it out. In fact I believe it starts shrinking while they are ringing up the sale, must be something to do with the sound of the cash register. Ross Puls

6. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I have the same problem...must be the closet air....

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

They make 'em that way on purpose so they can sell you a new one every spring.

8. senior smoke

My wife just walked by and said it could be the dozen sugar cookies that I ate at 2am this morning???
    Steve

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The answer to your problem is Duct Tape. Take a 6" piece and place it firmly over your mouth. Keep it there until your clothing expands back to your "normal" size.

Eric

10. senior smoke

Eric:
    Wiring my jaw shut would be better.
    Steve

11. Rebsmith

Rebsmith Member

A simple yardstick can cure this problem. Cut it in half and make a splint for your eating hand elbow. Problem solved.

Jere

12. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Your will is strong but your won't is weak.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.