1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Shooting Costs Are About To Nosedive.....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SevenMaryThree, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I'm a 20-25,000 round a year guy and a certified instructor. I mostly gave up bird hunting in the states for annual pilgrimages to Argentina.

I used to be big into the Field Trial / NAVHDA scene, but had to put my last dog down just over a year ago.

Now...it's time. I just put a deposit on two Labrador bitches of English conformation.

My time will be mostly devoted to developing these dogs, and the targets....well, the targets will be further and fewer in between and consist mostly of training birds, dove, and quail.

I can't wait.

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Can't go wrong on that. As long as you have places to train and your legs are still under you go for it.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am envious Jack and happy for you but now I have a dilema. Where am I going to get my Fed paper hulls now? LOL

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I had a run of about three years of 15k registered. I had fun and made the state team and had a great time traveling with JC Nunn.

Then it dawned on me - shell prices and entry fees and nobody playing the money made me think - is it really worth it?

Now I shoot the bigger shoots and work at our local club helping run the non-registered and registered events.

SC State - NC State - Konne Yaut Indians - Grand and then our HOF shoot in September are on my schedule this year.

Last year I registered about 4k and had just as much fun and saved about 11k. I do have other interests including ham radio - fishing and I really enjoy camping.

Have fun regardless of what you do and I think you will be richer for it...

FRedmon

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Fred,

You forgot the Georgia State Shoot. We're reserving 2 plates of Big Pigs BBQ for you.

Dave

6. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

We went and visited the 2.5 week old pups yesterday. Here is my son holding one of them.

We need two girl names...I'm leaning towards Trixie & Daisy. Wife is fine with Daisy, but says no to Trixie.

[​IMG]

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Cute pups..try a compromise...how about Daisy and Dixie?? My Black Lab is English type..best pooch in the world but then I'm biased

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

daddiooo - my youngest son decided to get married May 5th - If I am alive count me in for 2013..

FRedmon

9. bigeoj

bigeoj Member

Seven, How about Betsy. My Amer. Brit is named Betsy and I will always have a soft spot in my heart for that name. Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.