1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My School Didn't Have A/C

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

My School Didn

When I was in grade K-6 we didn't have A/C in our school. You opened the windows as far as you could. 7-8 we did. 9 we did but in most of the 10th year the school had just a few parts of the building that did and the rest didn't. 11-12 we did. We learned to put up with the heat.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yep. My high school didn't have an olympic swimming pool either. If you needed to use the districs pool at the other high school, you got on the 10am bus. Now, they ALL MUST have a money sucking olympic pool!

3. msmith

msmith Member

I work in an elementary school in Western New York. You would not believe some of the items that NY state now mandates for schools. In the school that I work at air conditioning (just put in last year) is in the library, computer room, offices and health office. The copy room is also has AC just the keep the computer data rack from burning up. Before we had AC ,the computer room would be over 75 degrees in the winter (25 degrees outside) with all windows open. 30 computers and 30 students throw a lot of heat. No classrooms have AC. We did have an air machine (I guess it purified the air) for one student with a disability. Times have changed. My summer cleaners are students and they cannot use a vacuum cleaner in the school because they are not 18? Mike

4. Auctioneer

The school that I went to was suppose during building to have a pool under the gym floor. The money we were told was not there so it was not put in. That was 1975-76.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Didn't have A/Cduring grade or high schools that was in the 60's and no pool at all.

6. Remington STS

Remington STS TS Member

In college now and there are still quite a few dorms here that don't have A/C

7. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

I never had a/c all through K-12. We just learned to deal with it. If it was 85 degrees or hoter in the school, we were allowed to take off our ties and unbutton our top botton. It was hard taking a test when sweat is dripping on the paper.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

AC---AC? We didn't have no stink'in AC.....

9. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Little school in Wellman, Tx only had 1-12 and No A/C and Damn little heat in the winter, after all it was only 2 buildings for 1-12.
    Bob Roberts

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

We never had any a/c and for the pool we went to Goldsmith's gravel pit

11. letts

letts TS Member

My brother who is 10 years older than I has often told the story of the substitute teacher who would not allow he or his classmates to feed the wood stove to keep the fire going. It was winter with snow on the ground and the class room became very cold, the kids were wearing their coats etc. in an effort to keep warm. This was shortly before WW2 and probably all of these kids had wood stoves in their home and would have gotten a good kick in the behind if they allowed the fire to go out at home.

Letts

12. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

No A/C K-12 in Chicago, nor at home( dad put it in after I enlisted in '66 and was gone) Didn't have any( and damn little winter heat) in the WWII-era barracks I lived in either.

Larry

13. edgarmcmr

edgarmcmr TS Member

Where I went to school, Sparta, Il., in the 40s & 50s we had no AC buses or classrooms. However we did not start to school until after Labor Day. Now schools are starting in mid August. Now they appparently have to start earlier to allow for all the teacher institutes, snow days, week long spring vacations, etc.

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

What's the purpose of this dumb thread?? I didn't even think the Auctioneer went to school, couldn't prove it by his posts.

Don

15. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

My School Didn

My school didn't have a/c but we had an indoor rifle range, pool, suspended running track, elevators that could hold 80 students-the school had 5000 boys & was not co-ed until the 70's. My class '59 -was the first million dollar class( scholarship$$ -academic)

Phil Berkowitz

16. Auctioneer

Sorry to upset you Bigdon. What wrong with this thread? Is it giving you a flash from the past? Is it making you cry because you din't go to school or ride on a school bus like all other normal kids? Sorry you had such a POOR CHILDHOOD.

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Thanks auctioneer you just proved my point.

Don

18. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

A/C ????

19. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

22hornet...

D/C... semi-popular rock band in the eighties that put out a couple 'catchy' tunes...

20. Auctioneer

Bigdon the moron, it looks to me that there are alot of posters here who are enjoying the thread. I for one like to read their posts on how things us to be. Sorry you can't enjoy it like everyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.