1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My.. Red Neck Gun Safe.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PapCharlie, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PapCharlie

PapCharlie Member

All you need is to Bolt it to the Floor.. And a few large locks.. LOL

[​IMG]

2. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

That's funny !!!!!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I question how secure it could be but how many thieves would check the fridge for guns? I believe I wouldn't have told everyone where they are hid though. Definitely thinking outside the box or inside the box depending on how you look at it.

4. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

Not bad! I made a drying cabinet for finishing gunstocks out of one once...a small light bulb above, a small fan on the floor.

Actually, a big part of my security plan is hiding stuff. A safe in full view will surely attract attention. If you were going away for a few days, you could stack some boxes in front of it, throw some dust on it, drape the cord over the top to show it's unused. An old empty fridge might be the last thing a burglar would open.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Inovative.....A lot cheaper than a gun safe. Old stand up or horizontal freezers used to have lock's on them, and lots of them around.

6. oz

oz Active Member

theives look in refrigerators for money, that's where people put money. you can go through a refrigerator with a can opener. it would be good for primers & powder. buy a safe. cheaper than 1 gun.

7. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

I have encouraged this type of storage for years. When I was on the Fire Department, After a pretty bad house fire, the food in the refrigerator was still OK -- I was astonished!! Guns would be just as safe from fire.

Security -- maybe buy a cheapo-safe, put some "junkers" in it. Use the rusty old upright freezer - fixed for gun storage - for the good stuff and above ALL -- KEEP QUIET about it....jmho....merlyn

8. PapCharlie

PapCharlie Member

Got a light Bulb for keeping thins dry.. When you open the door a camera takes your picture..

9. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

OK i wanted to find out for myself how "Strong" is a "Fridge". Loaded up the Cordless 1/2 drill, Cordless Reciprocating Saw, Drill bits and a LONG pry bar. drove to the "Dump" and Found a Recent "Fridge" to attack !!!!.After drilling a large hole in the side big enough to put a metal cutting blade. LET me tell you IT was a Job to cut the side or the back or front out of this thing. lots of noise getting a hole large enough to remove ANYTHING. The only weak spot i noticed were the Hinges. If a person could "Cover the Hinges" where they could not be "Popped open" it would be pretty secure. Not a Bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Saw some folks out at the Dump "Christmas" shopping for their FAVORITE Relatives !!!!!!!!!!! Joe joe90t

10. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

Good idea though putting powder in a strong metal container is probably not a good practice.

11. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Better storage than your typical gun safe for darn sure.

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

It should have thru-the-door Hoppes #9.

-Gary :p

13. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have about 80 pounds of powder and that would make a good place to store it. I won't put a bulb in it though as the posibility of fire kind of scares me. LOL Jackie B.

14. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

I love your safe, but a true redneck would turn a real gun safe into a fridge for his beer. I'll be over to get a cool one when you, Git r Done!

15. rw993

rw993 Active Member

I think JAWARI has a good point.... tightly sealed container full of gunpowder?? Could be ugly.

RW

16. ABH

ABH Member

Even a built in dehumidifier!

17. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Keep the powder in the crisper.

18. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

Now the whole world knows your set up...

19. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The reason a thief is stealing your guns is because he is hungry amd needs money to buy food. Therefore he will look in the fridge. But i love your set up. Terry

20. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Great idea! Most theives that are going to break into an average every day home are not going to spend the time to break into your red neck safe. Most theives are tweakers looking for some thing they can grap real fast that they can turn into a quick buck. Most of them aren't going to have anything other then a pry bar if that. A true professional burglar could crack open any safe, but i doubt the true professional is going to waste his time breaking into houses in my neighborhood. They are looking for a bigger score. I have a nice gun safe that makes me feel better about leaving home but if I couldn't afford one I would make me some type of red neck safe like the one PapCharlie made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

red neck tweakers