1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Rad experience

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Last week I tried out my new Rad recoil system installed by Rod Stumbo. I really appreciated the professional installation that Rod did on my gun. It looks great. However, when I shot it last Saturday it really didn't impress me that much. I removed the system and changed the setting from 2 to 4. I tried it out today and it made a real difference. I'm going to adjust it one more time and set it at the 5 mark. I think a person needs to "tune" this system to the load you are shooting. I am shooting a mild 1 oz. load and feel that the 2 setting was too stiff. Maybe for a 3 dram 1 1/8 load the 2 setting might have been the way to go. Ed

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I believe that the RAD is the finest system on the market and I do respect Rod's work. I think that if you keep playing with it and find that honey spot, you'll be a happy camper.

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Tron is 100% correct...you need to tune the adjustment so it works for you. I find the adjustment steps kind of a pain; taking the whole assembly off and adjusting, then getting the assembly back on and the butt plate to line up correctly (but readily admit I'm not very mechanical). Regards, Ed

4. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Ed,

The RAd #2 is quite easy and simple to adjust. Not a bother at all. Elegant in its simplicity and quality.

WNCRob

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Check your point of impact after installing the RAD.

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

How would my POI change? Ed

7. Ted

Ted TS Member

HINT - Cut off a portion of the small end of an allen wrench so it will fit between the pad and base plate. Then you can remove your RAD with out changing the pad angle. Ted TenBroeck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.