1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Project

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Jun 25, 2013.

1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Ok guys, my project is almost out of the foundry.

Its a WW2 thank you menorah to all the allied troops who died saving the Jewish people.

If you want to see the video of the prototype, PM me I'll try & send it server capacity is a limit.

This project is my legacy.

Phil Berkowitz

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Is that what you tried to send me Phil?

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Tried to send it but your e-mail server had a too small limitation. This will be the biggest thank you to all the allies who fought in WW2, I've got the g=biggest PR firm in NYC behind me. The will be hollywood celebs, politicians, sports celebs and wannabees trying to climb on board.

I'll be very selective as to who gets on the bus or goes under it.

Phil Berkowitz

4. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Phil,

My Uncle Melvin Thompson was one of those who liberated people from the camps at the end of the war. Uncle George Evers was a PW after the Normandy landings and shipped to Germany. My Uncle Norman Eatinger was another PW in Germany. My dad was in the Pacific for the war. Uncle Wallace drove B-17's over Europe, all sides of my family fought somewhere on this planet in those years.

I've included the website for Melvin's unit above. It is interesting to military folks and might even be interesting for others who are interested. That whole generation of my family has passed. It is now just us and our children who serve.

Don T. Littleton CO

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Sent it out to several persons who requested it. Would appreciate a little feed back.

Phil Berkowitz

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just got a call from the sculptor. He spoke to the foundry. The weight of the bronze is over 1100 lbs.

The sculptor I hired is the same person who did the Chris Kyle memorial

Phil Berkowitz

7. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

It will be great Phil.

Here is the sculptor with the Chris Kyle work.

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Look up Gregg Marra & you will get a little history of my project.

Phil

9. stu42

stu42 Member

Hi Phil, Hope you will be wearing your Akubra Aussie "Lighthorse" hat for this one and all of us at TS.Com will want to see it. Thanks Phil, wish there were more like you! Stu

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

We go around once--tell the truth as we see it and don't forget the heroes who enabled us to enjoy life.
    Phil Berkowitz

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

12. flashmax

Lovely article.

Phil, it has been pleasant talking to you B/C and I can hardly wait to see the pictures. One 'side' of my family came to America to escape the pogroms of Europe. That side sent 15 members off to WWII and didn't get them all back. One of my youngest memories is of getting letters from D.P.'s asking for the family to sponsor them in America and in 1956 of tearing sheets and other cloth into strips and rolling those strips into bandages to ship to Eretz Israel.

Don T. Littleton CO

13. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just e-mailed some progress photos from the foundry, if any who received them , feel free to post them .

Phil Berkowitz

14. flashmax

Here are Phil's photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope they loaded OK. Tried to follow the directions and they loaded onto the TS.com server OK.

Don T

15. flashmax

Phil, in the top photo it looks like the sculptor was trying to create an image of the Lee-Enfield British Service Rifle. The bolt and magazine section look OK but the top of the rifle action looks like am M1 Garand with a bolt grafted on. I might just be looking at it wrong though. See the link above. Hope I am wrong.

Don T. Littleton CO

16. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

There will be 3 lee enfields for the Brits, 3 Garands for the US and 3 Moisin Nagants for the Russians.

Look closely, the boots are on simulated earth with artifacts--grenades, shovels, etc.

Phil Berkowitz