1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My PFS stock is thumping my knuckles on my.,.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mr. listo, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr. listo

mr. listo Member

stock holding hand. I haven't shot it in a while. Any remedies out there?

2. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Mine does the same thing if I don't pull the trigger with my finger tip like your supposed to.I have small hands and if I pull with the middle part of my finger, i get thumped. A small correction, but necessary. BTW my wife says the small hands are O.K. Really they are.....Bill

3. zinger

zinger Member

Sounds like your stock is set too soft. Try tightening the stock all the way down and then back it off 10-15 turns. It will feel stiff, but will still do what it's supposed to do. Vern did it to my gun last year and I was suprised at how much more I liked it.

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

great advice zinger. It's a new gun and I'm still adjusting everything, including the rad. thanks!!! Bill

5. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Your pushing the gun away as it's recoiling, your flinching. Good chance your gun will shoot open in the rain also. There's no way the gun can out run your hand if you are holding it properly. Stop pushing on it.

6. mr. listo

mr. listo Member

Zinger... I screwed it all the way in and backed out 14 turns. It worked like a charm. Thank you very much for your help.

7. zinger

zinger Member

You are most welcome. Make sure you install the ball after you get it set. Then the locknut. It will keep it from loosening over time. If you ever have any questions, feel free to shoot us an email or if in PA or OH, give us a call.
    Kim & Bruce Bateman (zinger@zbzoom.net) 7243330368

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.