1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Personal SX-1 for sale! REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Steve Fischer, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Well folks, I never thought I would see the day when I would be selling my personal competition super X-1. But, thanks to the economy, (or lack thereof) I am forced to sell my baby. Lot's of memories and big wins with this gun, including several gold,silver, and bronze medals while competing with Team USA all over the World. Most memorable I suppose was tying for second place Veteran against the World Champion John Bidwell a couple of years ago at the World FITASC AT Southern County in England. Two lousy targets!!!
    Anyhow, here's the deal. I have gone completely through this gun and replaced springs, bolt buffer, etc. to ready it for sale. It has a custom stock and forend built and checkered by me in my shop, as you will see in the pictures and is set up for a LEFTY! The length of pull is 14 1/2 inches (with a 1/2 inch thick pad). It has a semi-monte carlo stock with a parallel comb at 1 3/8 inch. The trigger assembly is gold and from a Mississippi Flyway gun, and the barrel is a Full trap choke barrel regulated and with a long forcing cone. This gun will smoke targets at 50 plus yards. I am asking $1700 which includes shipping to the lower 48 States. I have considerably more than that in the gun, but the times are what they are, so someone will get a beautiful SX-1 with a great history. I will include a signed document stating that the gun is indeed my personal competition shotgun, as well as a picture of me and the gun (if I can find one~!.

I added the last picture to sort of "put my money where my mouth is", so to speak. I know most of you are trap shooters and certainly have probably never heard of me. I started out with skeet and trap but then went big for Sporting Clays and FITASC, and spend 10 years as a Vet and Super Vet member of Team USA both in Sporting and FITASC. The awards pictured are mostly from National and World events over the past few years, using an SX-1. Some are team wins and some are individual Gold Silver and Bronze medals. This photo is not meant to brag, but only to inform those who may not be familiar with me or the games. Believe me when I say I really don't want to sell this gun, but one has to do what ever it takes sometimes. I will certainly entertain any reasonable offer for this gun, which will help me out of a real rock and a hard place situation.

Steve

Steve Fischer
    stevefischer_2008_021080.jpg

stevefischer_2008_021081.jpg

stevefischer_2008_021082.jpg

stevefischer_2008_021083.jpg

stevefischer_2008_021084.jpg

stevefischer_2008_021085.jpg

stevefischer_2008_0210100.jpg

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

We are not worthy.

3. RayReys

RayReys Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Your article in Sporting Clays USA was one of the main reasons I ended up with my trap grade SX-1. Sorry to hear, and if I could, I'd buy yours in a hearbeat. Good luck with the sale, and I hope it goes to someone who'll treat er right and shoot it well.

4. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

5. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

6. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Still looking for a home. Over $3K invested between the stock and the rest of the work to the gun.

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I've seen the gun and I've seen the man shoot the gun. Steve is one the top sporting clays shooters, and an expert gunsmith, so I'm sure this
    gun is as close to perfect working condition as a gun can get.

8. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

dickgtax: Thanks for the bump! If it weren't for the ridiculous high property taxes here in Florida I would have never considered selling this gun. It works flawlessly and has kept me in Master class for these many years, and I will miss it.

Steve

9. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

0   0   0

sell my fav gun 2 pay taxes noway fine a side job

10. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

11. shaggist

shaggist Member

0   0   0

Bump for a phenomenal Super X-1. The guns are clay-breakers if you do your job.
    Jack Young

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

Oh come now. We can do better than this. One of the finest shooters ever to grace the pages of TS.com is about to have to tuck-tail and schlurk away to some low-tax hillbilly-haven such as Mississippi, or (for God's sake) Arizona, for want of a single, fair offer...whilst the good men here assembled cannot muster amongst yourselves even so much as eight or a dozen Mosin-Nagants, to offer in trade for this fine item, of such obvious value, from a seller of such undeniable status?

Seriously?

What are all y'all, a bunch of Obama-voters, or...something?

Sheezus.

13. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Maybe a museum?

14. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Call me sentimental, but this is Smithsonian material. Imagine this piece of history spending weekends ungazed-upon at some local Ike's club banging away at buddy shoots.

15. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

16. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

17. clayscoach

clayscoach Member

0   0   0

Steve, I will buy it just to help out. Send me a email! clayscoach@aol.com *Jon Ogilvie

18. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thanks Jon! e-mail sent.

Steve

19. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Rodney, I sent you a PM.

Steve