1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Paycheck

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by C Prince, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

Just received my Military LES (Pay Statement) for my 15th of the month pay. Only getting paid for the first eight (8) days of the month with the guarentee that we may not be getting a paycheck on the first of May. I really think this sucks. I wonder what people would think if those in Iraq and Afghanistan stopped working on Monday. Thanks for letting me vent.

2. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

According to the latest they can reach a deal before next Tuesday and still get you paid for the month.

There are also plans in the works to ensure all the troops get paid, though there could be a brief delay.

Beyond that, it looks like they're nearing a deal possibly yet today.

I wouldn't be too concerned if I were in your shoes.

Dave

3. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

I also work for the DOD. I am not happy about it either, but not paying our servicemen and women is an outrage. How can we ask them to fight our wars and let their families suffer. This is definately not the American Way. God Bless all of our soldiers and their families. If you know a serviceman's family here stateside, look in on them. It is the least we can do. Al Baker

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Latest I've heard from my sons military command, checks will be issued on the 15th regardless of the budget, uncertainty after that. Too bad we have a puppet in the White House instead of a leader.

Robert

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Obama: I’ll Shut Down the Government and Suspend Military Pay

by Mike Flynn - Apr 7, 2011

Rather than accept a few billion in budget cuts (read rounding error), President Obama has signaled his willingness to shut down the federal government. (Yah!) For those keeping score at home, any government shutdown that happens is on Obama’s plate. He is the President. All on him.

The worst part of this whole debate is the Obama Administration’s decision to hold military pay hostage to the budget debate. For the last few decades, government shutdowns have been guided by an OMB directive issued during the Reagan Administration. Under this directive, military personnel would continue to receive the paychecks while politicians argued about the budget. The Clinton Administration, during the last government shutdown, kept the paychecks flowing.

But, not Obama.

The Obama Administration has overturned the old OMB directive and has decided to suspend military paychecks if there is a government shutdown. No reason to do it…but they have decided to. Reprehensible.

http://biggovernment.com/mikeflynn/2011/04/07/obama-ill-shut-down-the-government-and-suspend-military-pay/

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Omama playing politics with the troops. Anyone going to vote for this joke?. Hope Trump can get some dirt on this guy.. Dave Bishop

7. high 2

high 2 Member

Congress will still get paid. How do you like them apples??

8. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

NO ONE is going to lose their gov paychecks,,,not yet. Your day will come, just like it did in Russia.......It's just not going to happen, this time.

9. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Congress get there pay checks. People who put there lives on the line should get paid.

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"I suppose Obammy will be taking another trip somewhere.........."

Why not he is like congress he will get his paychecks just like they do!!!!!!

As far as I am concerned the House, Senate or The President should be the first ones to have their pay stopped.

Bob Lawless

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Good ole' Harry Reid and Obama are holding the military pay schedule hostage unless the Republicans and moderate Dems. agree to back off from there demands for more cuts. Nice A-Holes. Hold the Military pay for hostage so they get their way.

If we don't cut now.....When? Time to suck it up.

12. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Apparently the GOP has capitulated on the EPA and NPR issues, leaving only the Planned Parenthood issue; and that seems to relate only to D.C. Which I don't quite understand.

I'm disappointed that Boehner hasn't been more clear on this issue. I don't think he's doing the party any favors by not doing so. The Dems are making him look bad as a result.

Dave

13. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: moderate Dems

What moderate Dems? They voted in lockstep with Reid and Pelosi prior to the the last election and most of the time after...

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Hawk, On Boehner's defense, the more you say, the more they can twist it. I wouldn't say sqwat either!

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The GOP should dig its heels in and not capitulate. This is why they were elected.

Let's see who the MSM blames for the shutdown. They blamed Daddy Bush, not the Dems in congress. I have a feeling they'll blame the GOP but not Zero this time around.

16. dverna

dverna Active Member

Why would the Obama administration would do something so stupid with respect to military pay? None of his minions can be very happy about screwing those who put their lives on the line for our country.

Politics at its very worst.

Don Verna

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Don politics at its most liberal best. Screw everyone you can and call it for the good of America. I am starting to get sick to my stomach reading about it.

Bob Lawless

18. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I thing ALL presidential, staff, cabinet and congress payrollAND Expense accounts need to be shut off. When they fix the problem THEY made, they start getting paid again, with NO BACK PAY!