1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My novel is now out!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by AJKohler, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

It only took me four weeks to finish the first draft - after my partner's suggestion got me past the brick wall that I hit about five pages in.

Then I started editing and rewriting.

Once I was (reasonably) satisfied with the book, I began shopping it around - all the while continuing to edit and rewrite.

After two years of 'Don't call us and we won't call you' rejections, I started to get rejections like 'We're going to pass on this, and here's why.' Rewrote and edited as needed to change what editors objected to.

Another year of that and I finally got a response of 'We'd like to publish your book'! I had been close to giving up on that one and making the push on the third, which my readers agree is the best of the lot. No problem; it's still going to be offered soon enough.

But anyone who's interested, please check out my website above. If the book strikes your fancy, there's a purchase link at the bottom of the blurb and another at the bottom of the sample. It's an ebook and not expensive. If it's not to your taste, no problem.

And the heroine is a shooter who knows what she's talking about.

Tony

2. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Good for you Tony! Up for an interesting looking read. Bill in northern MI

3. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

4. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

5. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

For anyone who has read or is reading my novel, please, when you're done, post a review where you bought it.

And be honest. I'm not looking for glowing reviews just because; I want people to let others know what they really think.

Tony

6. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Way to stick with it Tony!

7. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Best wishes for continued success. You have achieved a major milestone.

8. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Persistence? I cannot BEGIN to say. I literally shopped this book around for three years, editing and rewriting all the way, until I could get a royalty press to publish it. Now that it's out, they're not looking at anything book length, so I'll self-publish the sequel later this year.

But one thing agents and bigger publishers always ask is 'have you been published by a royalty press?'

The answer is an unqualified YES!

But reviews are good. And (modestly) I think the book is pretty good, too. The third is better, but it's going to have to wait a bit.

Tony

9. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

10. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

I do need to thank the people on this net. I've been watching the traffic on my website, and while this isn't the only place I have been posting on, the traffic from this site has all but overwhelmed the traffic from any place else.

So - thank you, one and all!

Tony

11. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

For those of you wanting a hard copy of No Third Choice rather than an ebook, it's out at https://www.createspace.com/4238582.

Enjoy!

Tony

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Getting anything published is a fantastic accomplishment. Well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.