1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My new toy....870 Skeet

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Yeah it's not much but it means a lot to me. It's my older cousins 870 Skeet he bought in England 1963. He was on the USAF Skeet Team training fighter pilots in Europe. I've never seen that checkering pattern on an 870 before. It looks hand cut. This gun will stay in the family, I hope. Here are some pics. Wayne

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Wayne--A very nice skeet gun. I shoot my 870's all the time--here and in Argentina. If I was told I had to use one gun for everything----no doubt in my mind--an 870 would be the gun!!! The checkering is not hand cut, but done by pressure with a machine. You did not get hand cut checkering on the old 870's until you got to the SC or TC grade! Enjoy and shoot well. BD

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Boomer,..........Thanks.........Wayne

4. 870compman

870compman TS Member

I wonder where he was stationed. I was stationed in Near Haverford West at RAFB Brawdy Wales. We shot a lot of sporting clays. I wonder if the course is still there. This was in 1973 or 1974. Does anyone know?

Dale Wolff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.