1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My new to me 3200

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by NDgolfer13, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NDgolfer13

NDgolfer13 TS Member

I picked up a new to me 3200 and I am new to this site so I thought I would post some pics as I have not done it and who doesnt like pics of trap guns.

This is my first "doubles" gun as I had been shooting a BT99. This gun is in really nice shape and I am pleased that I happened upon it. It has Briley Thin Wall chokes and the barrels have been ported. It has had all of the updates including the forearm plate (for lack of a better term). While I am no expert at trap guns it seems as though the 3200 has a love/hate following. Not a lot of middle ground. Hopefully when I get it patterned it will make for a fine shooter.

Enjoy the pics.

Tony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

VERY Nice gun and a Great Gun. Have Fun !!!!!!! Joe joe90t

3. NDgolfer13

NDgolfer13 TS Member

Thanks all. I appreciate the advice/info. Maybe one of these days many thousands of rounds from now ill break even 25 straight.

4. morgaj1

morgaj1 Member

Really nice gun!

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Check the receiver tangs going into the stock, they should NOT touch the wood. That is one place the cracks originate. Have fun with the 3200, great sturdy gun.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It's your doubles gun, you want to shoot 50 straight. HMB

7. NDgolfer13

NDgolfer13 TS Member

I'd be happy at this point with 25 but I get ya. Gotta learn to walk or even crawl before I run.

8. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

been shooting 3200's since the 80's. retired one with 1,000,000 rounds in it. it still shoots. in 25 years, all i needed to do was fix a bent firing pin and replace the sear.
    and im still shooting my 4 bbl set in skeet.

welcome to the club.

btw...yours is as trap gun i assume. it most likely will pattern high. and i always enjoyed top bbl more than bottom for some reason!
    have fun and make sure you have a good pad.

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Great gun friend. lots of 100 straights have been shot with them shooting singles as well. Not so many guys used /using them for handicap but I have seen some. Not a thing wrong with the gun or the work that has been done.

Lots of guys are about resale value and keeping a gun all original. That is all horseshit in a designated doubles gun. I like the thin walls as you gun use a more open choke and the porting will keep it from slapping you in the face. a good trait in a doubles gun. You will do well with it. The only gun I broke better then 95 in doubles was a 3200 set up just like your gun. It was a 1 of 1000 so I looked pretty doing it! Jeff

10. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

Be careful when you take the forearm off...after you pull the forearm latch ..its pops out abit then lift up..dont just pull it off or you will bend the thin forearm metal and may crack the wood.. Enjoy it!

11. NDgolfer13

NDgolfer13 TS Member

Dixie

Thanks for that info. I certainly don't want to try and find replacement wood for this gun. I am going to try and pattern the gun Tuesday and shoot trap Thursday.

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

One of the crispest triggers made. I loved mine. Be carful with the cocking ears near the receivers radii. They are not very sturdy and you need to make sure you don't break them. They can be fixed but it aint cheap. Good luck and break 'em all!

13. NDgolfer13

NDgolfer13 TS Member

Dick

I will look at the trigger guard and make ure there is some space. If there isn't? What's the best way to handle it. The stock is definately not cracked. I appreciate the help.

14. mike calkins

mike calkins TS Member

Two things to watch for is make sure that the fore-end latch metal screws are snug and the metal is not binding in the hole where the outside metal goes. 2. always tighten the butt stock through bolt to about 21"lbs. any more than that and you really increase the risk of cracking the stock. JMM2bitsw, Mike

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

No criticism intended but Remington, many moons ago, recommended no more than 5 lbs of torque holding the stock to the action.......breakemall

16. GJB02

GJB02 Member

I bought my first 3200 last spring and am very happy with it. It seems to fit me well and really breaks targets (when I do my part). I'm sure that you will be as happy with yours as I am with mine.

GJB

17. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Bob is absolutely correct. I made the mistake of buying a very lightly used one and did not check the stock bolt for tightness before using it. I quickly developed a crack. When I took the cracked stock off I really had to bear down to break the bolt loose.

I'd check it if I were you. Back it off and then retighten.. just firmly snug. I've never had one loosen up and I shoot both of mine a lot every year.

Guy Babin

18. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

The other thing you should check, I don't believe it has been mentioned yet, is to remove the stock and to see if the glass bedding had been done where the stock bolt screws into tang. In my opinion this is one of the most important things that should be done. That is the area which should take most of the strain from the recoil, not on the radius of the tang where it meets the stock. If the action has been updated, then the glass bedding probably has also been taken care of.

If it hasn't been bedded, PM me. I think I have a copy of the instructions that Remington put out on how to do this proceedure.

Enjoy your 3200. Nice stock you have on your Remington.

Bob

19. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I jsut bought one last week.Haven't got to shoot it yet.I live in Ca.I think you picked a great doubles gun/backup gun.

Darr

20. NDgolfer13

NDgolfer13 TS Member

I'm sure like anything new it will probably get a lot of shoulder time. I really like the way it swings and feels. Really looking forward to shooting. I appreciate all of the advice from all of you.

Shoot straight.

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.