1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My new Olympic (Bunker) Trap Website

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shootr125, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shootr125

Shootr125 TS Member

Hi Ladies and gents

Please have a look at my new website dedicated to the International Trap disciplines here in Britain. It is at www.shootr.co.uk

Any constructive feedback is welcome.

Also

I am searching for some 32"barrels for my ASE 90 Trap. If anyone knows where I can find some i'd appreciate the help.

Many Thanks

Jay Pope

2. Shootr125

Shootr125 TS Member

Thanks for the nice comments, i'll certainly keep up the website for as long as I possibly can.

I believe the most popular stance used by British Olympic Trap shooters is a relaxed stance. The most important thing about stance is feet positioning - too wide apart and your body will naturally stiffen up so obviously your feet should have a gap no wider than shoulder width. I don't know anyone who shoots with stiff locked legs. It may look that way but soft knees is probably about right - they don't have to be bent to any degree. On my trip to the US I witnessed many interesting techniques and stances, but I always look at the top shooters who, apart from their natural talent, keep it simple, and that I believe is the best way in Olympic Trap - don't over complicate your routine

Personally I just ensure that my feet positioning is comfortable and relax, and concentrate on moving the gun only when I can see the target clearly.

Best Regards

Jay

3. Shootr125

Shootr125 TS Member

Thanks very much sportshot i'll set up a US OT shooters Gallery so please take as many pictures as you can and i'll publish them for you. I am also going to set up a media gallery that will contain some short videos, just as soon as I come up with a plan (and the tools) to capture the competition atmosphere well. As you probably are aware that this sport is so difficult to video, but i'll manage somehow.

I'd just like to say that I am very busy with a lot of projects at the moment including my house move, I'd just like to thank everybody on this forum who has emailed me with some very positive feedback, and if I haven't already responded to some emails I will eventually.

Best Regards

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
jay pope clay shooting uk
jay pope trap shooting

olympic bunker trap sites