1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My New Kolar T/A Max From SGS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oneoldbirddogger, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneoldbirddogger

oneoldbirddogger TS Member

I picked my new Kolar T/A Max up a couple of weeks ago from Doug and Dave at Shotgun Specilties with a custom exhibition grade stock from Phil Simms.
    I wish I would have found these guys years ago, I sure would have saved alot of money. Like most trapshooters I have tried alot of the tricks, this gun and that gun, but I never had a custom stock and set up like I received from Doug he measured me up a couple shoots ago after shooting a demo.
    We met at Middletown GC and after a few quick adjustments we went to the line and Doug quickly pointed out a couple of bad habits that I aquired from a face slapping, trigger sloppy Son of a Gun I use to shoot, within a few Targets Doug had me smokin'em.
    The high rib on the MAX allows me to keep my head up and gives me better vision in picking up the target and the extra offset in the custom wood has minimal recoil.
    I just wanted to thank Dave,Doug and Phil for the fantastic customer service and real nice custom wood and Kolar for a extremly well built Shotgun. I definitly recommend to anyone considering a new Trap gun to give Doug at Shotgun Specialties a call 800-344-7468 for a fitting of a new Phil Simms custom, by the way the Pro Soft Recoil System has almost no recoil at all and is sweet. SGS sells more than Kolar but I think a Kolar is Hard to beat.
    Thanks All and Merry Christmas
    Oneoldbirddogger
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

pics???

tony

3. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Thanks Kenny for the kind words. I did manage to get a pic of it while we were in the process of getting it ready and before the pad was installed. It makes it fun when a plan comes together. Merry Christmas and good luck in 2010, you deserve it! Doug @ SGS

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

OHHHHH that's nice!

5. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

Have you shot doubles with it yet

6. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

7. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I had the choice to buy any trap combo I wanted and I chose the Kolar Max T/A 32/34 and talk about hitting the jack pot. I am very glad of my choice and would not trade it for any other P or K gun. It took me a little to get used to it but it will flat crush them now. I have little to no recoil with the stock Kolar stock. I cant imagine how good yours must be. Good luck with yours and yes, you made a very wise choice.

8. oneoldbirddogger

oneoldbirddogger TS Member

Threedeuces

I have been talking with Doug for almost 2 years and finely was able to get all my ducks in a row and was blessed with a little windfall that allowed me to purchase the perfect gun! 32"/34" as well

I am glad to hear about your target crusher. I have never heard anything negative from a Kolar owner, good luck in 2010

I added a couple of pics to my original post hopefully you can see the offset that fits me like a glove. Doug started with Kolar # 4 specs then had Phil Simms add some additional twists and tweaks to some very nice wood.

Again, It was great working with real Pro's

To All; Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
    Ken

9. RAScott

RAScott Member

Very nice!!! good luck. Bob S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.