1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My new gun- pics of perazzi from down under

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Aussie Dan, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Hello,
    Well, it's been a while coming, but my gun has arrived, and I thought I'd share a couple of pics with you guys!

It's the only one of its kind in Australia.

Ordered in October last yr, it is a MX2005, SC2. It has 32 inch barrels 1890gram barrels, 18.6 bores, ported both top and bottom, with a fixed 9 I the top and screw in bottom.
    Wood has been upgraded to SC3, and they picked a nice piece for me.

Also added a small silver breaking clay target to the pierced top lever, and my initials to the trigger guard.

I will be having the adjustable comb installed here so the grain on the wood is the same piece, I have seen some shocking Perazzi match ups and couldn't bear the thought of going to all this trouble to be let down like that.

Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jamie65

jamie65 Member

MOST EXCELLENT DAN !!

3. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Beautiful !

4. Buckmark1

Buckmark1 TS Member

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Make sure you use Perazzi type hardware for the stock . Perazzi hardware is vastly different from most of the systems out there. It allows you to have the excellent Perazzi Rubber comb that is better that all the Soft Touch crap.

Tom

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Outstanding! Not sure it isn't the only one everywhere, not just in Aussie land.

7. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Thanks guys it has been a lot of hard work and effort for me to buy this and I'm really happy with the excellent efforts our Australian Perazzi dealer went to for me.

Everything you see has been done at the factory, including 20mm of cast to the toe of the stock (ill have to add a pic of that, it's quite a twist!)

And you are spot on with the hardware, already have a Gemini mechanism( Perazzi copy) as well as a rubber comb to fit to it.

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

Would love to have the wood for mySCO

T

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Dan that is a fantastic speciman it will serve you well. Do you know the POI it was designed to shoot. Do you shoot a high shooting gun? Are you saying it has a fixed choke in the upper Bbl and a screw in choke on the bottom Bbl?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Very nice. Check your pm. Rob

11. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Thank you all.

Dr Longshot- as it is with the fixed comb and the rib on the centre notches, it will shoot 80/20high for me, but with the adjustable comb fitted I can adjust the POI from 50/50 like a field gun right up to 120% high, with the beads stacked the same way.

And yes, it only has a fixed choke in the top, bottom is adjustable screw in

12. GoldTrigger

GoldTrigger Member

Truly a well thought out purchase. When you come over for the Grand will you be allowed to bring it with you ? Either way enjoy your new treasure and after getting used to it, I hope you shoot it well for many years to come.... Thanks for showing it to us...
    Gery

13. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Dan,

Nice looking Unit, Fil did well with the wood, best I have seen direct from Perazzi it usually looks like packing case timber.

Are you going to shoot it at the Nationals in Perth ? Good luck if you do.

Fraser has been in contact with me regarding this years Grand, there is currently 7 of us going this year that I know of, if Fraser comes that makes 8.

Mate great looking piece of hardware, shoot it well and often.

Release Trigger.................

Gold Trigger, yes we have no trouble taking our guns into the USA, just takes about a month to get clearence from the ATF.

14. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Thanks Release Pm sent

15. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Broke her in yesterday at our police and services games, winning the Overall Championship 50 singles with the only 50 straight out of 16 squads, in windy conditions. I don't know what you guys call it but whenever you win the overall prize without having to shoot off for it we call it a 'Skinner'

So i skinned it! She was great!

Hopefully the first of many!

16. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Dan:

I know you have some pretty stiff gun laws in Australia. Do you
    have to store the gun at a club? Can you travel anywhere in
    country without some type of special permit?

17. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Beautiful.

18. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Very nice-- looks like some of the P gun wood you see at the shot show but rarely see in the field

Regards from Iowa

Gene

19. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Obviously it shoots as good as it looks!

20. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Thanks guys.

Skybuster- the laws aren't as strict as what the majority of Americans (I have met) seem to think.

Here in Australia Having a firearm is a privelidge not a right. To have that privelidge you must have a firearms licence, and provide evidence of genuine reasons that you want to have a firearm ( including membership to target clubs, or letters in writing from landowners to give you permission to hunt on their property) Personal Protection is not a legitamate reason to own a firearm in our country according to the law. All license holders have to do and pass a firearms safety awareness course that teaches the safe handling and storage of firearms.

Personal history and previous charges are also taken into consideration when you apply for a firearms license. Assault charges, and domestic violence charges will cancel your request before it is given any further consideration, I think you are able to reapply after 10 years after the charge.

Once you are approved for a firearm licence, Guns are stored at your home, in safes that are classified in category's of security depending on the type of firearm you are storing. Example, a break open shotgun is a cateregory B firearm, and a semi automatic rifle is a cateregory C firearm, so you need to buy a category applicable safe.
    Handguns and semi automatic long arms are more difficult to get licenses for and the safe storage of these is a raised level accordingly.

Guns are individually registered against a license, so the serial numbers are traceable to the owners of the firearm. It is possible to shoot someone else's gun but difficult to borrow it for extended periods, and impossible to take someone else's gun interstate unless you have it added to your list of registered use firearms with the permission of the owner.

The safes can also be inspected by police, at a mutually agreed appropriate time, to make sure you are storing only firearms that are registered to your firearms license, in a safe and proper manner. There is no such thing as having a gun in your bedside table or closer, as it is not a secure way of being certain that an unlicensed shooter has access to it. If a thief breaks into your home and steals a gun that was not stored in an approved safe you will be charged and lose your license for up to 10 years. Worse is that if the thief steals a gun from your home that is not registered, you will probably do some jail time, so it is important you do the right thing.

To travel interstate is relatively easy you sometimes( depending on the state) may need to get prior approval from their respective firearms registry but this is easy to do once you provide your license and registration details.

To cut a long story short, we have plenty of guns, and provided you are a fit and proper person with legitimate reasons, there is nothing stopping you getting a firearm, but you have to go through the right paperwork. It's not that bad once you get used to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi dealers by state