1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My new Automate 9000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldTrigger, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldTrigger

GoldTrigger Member

Well I finally broke down and ordered a MEC 9000 with the automate system. I have had it 2 weeks now and am very happy with it. It is smooth and does not hurt my shoulder after a full session of loading. My only small complaint might be the new tray for 200 primers is not very slick and primers do not always slide into position. Other that that I could not be happier with it. Now maybe I can keep up with shooting and concentrate on that end. Also on another note while I am speaking here....... Hope to see everyone at the Missouri State Shoot this coming week........

2. Texas Trap Shooter

Texas Trap Shooter Member

I use a q-tip and a little powdered graphite - just treat the inside surface once a year. Primers slide very nicely.

Ron

3. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

Try spraying the tray with Pledge furniture polish (while the tray is empty, of course), wipe it off, and let dry, and I think you will be very pleased with the result. It will make the tray VERY slick, and smells pretty good, too.

4. GoldTrigger

GoldTrigger Member

Hmmm sounds like an idea worth trying. there is always good information on here, Thanks Texas..and Ohio also.

5. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Do you have some chrome/aluminum polish/car wax in your garage? Works great on primer trays & does not take nearly as much effort as doing the whole car. :)

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've also used the pledge trick in the past. Works very well. Just don't let the other half see you with the furniture polish as they might get the wrong idea.

ss

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

You were smart to buy a completely new older and Automate together. I upgraded my existing 9000 and went through he'll getting it to work. It's now working fine except for the same problem with the primer feed as stated above.

Tom

8. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Whats the going rate for a Automate (new) these days?? I have always used Pacific and now have Hornaday 366, my arm is killing me. Could I learn to use a Mec?? I,m 76 years old a kinda set in my ways. Whatca think??

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

List for a complete system is around $8-900. Once you get it you will love it.

Tom

10. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Here's another vote for the Pledge route. Wipe it down and the primers will slide slick as gravy. Repeat every once in a while, and you will not have any promblems with sticking primers. As for getting used to the Automate, it took very little and sure saves on the sore shoulders for those of us who are getting a little older. Can't recommend this system too highly.

Jim R

11. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

I have the old style Automate with the buttons on the side. Love it. Best reloading item available. Second best is the MEC 9000 series. When sitting on top of the ATS, none finer. Beats all the monkey motion reloaders flat.

I like to reload 100 at a time. So I use the small bottles and the original metal primer tray. I wipe both the metal tray and the bottom of the primers with one of the gray silicone cloths before each session. Come to think of it I also wipe the inside of the plastic top. I like the Pledge idea, but do not want to change a winning system.

One of the real advantages of the ATS is that there is no primer flip or jump you find with the monkey motion hand operated types.

BTW, there are only about 10 people on TS.com who do not use MEC. They hope for a SxS comeback too.

12. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

I have the old style Automate with the buttons on the side. Love it. Best reloading item available. Second best is the MEC 9000 series. When sitting on top of the ATS, none finer. Beats all the monkey motion reloaders flat.

I like to reload 100 at a time. So I use the small bottles and the original metal primer tray. I wipe both the metal tray and the bottom of the primers with one of the gray silicone cloths before each session. Come to think of it I also wipe the inside of the plastic top. I like the Pledge idea, but do not want to change a winning system.

One of the real advantages of the ATS is that there is no primer flip or jump you find with the monkey motion hand operated types.

BTW, there are only about 10 people on TS.com who do not use MEC. They hope for a SxS comeback too.

13. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

I just use the silicon rag I wipe the gun with to wipe the 200 primer tray never had a problem.
    pete

14. GoldTrigger

GoldTrigger Member

Well folks, as usual there are great ideas on these threads. I got a small tube of powdered graphite from the auto parts store, put two puffs on the empty tray and wiped it in with smooth cloth. Wow what a difference.... 300 new reloads and not a single issue today. Yeppers I do like my new MEC automate.

But just for the record I certainly realize that Spolar and P/W are great machines also. But one more time....
    I sure am liking my new automate.........
    Thanks for the help folks, Hope to meet some more of you folks at the Missouri State Shoot this coming week....
    Gery Oswald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.