1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Myrtlewood gun – Thank you Mr. M plus others

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by radeck, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radeck

radeck Member

I want to publicly thank some fine folks who helped my finish this stunning Caesar Guerini 3 barrel set in 20/28/410. First, the folks at the CG custom shop who helped me get the iron for this fine shotgun. It’s the 32” barrel Summit Limited with case hardened receiver. Next, our own Mike Mann of White Creek Gunstocks who helped me acquire some beautiful myrtlewood for the gun stock and three forearms. Finally, Kelly and Clara Clairmont of Montana Custom Guns in Polson, MT who duplicated a stock for me and did the checkering on it and the 3 forearms.

I think it came out all right!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Beeeeeeutiful!

3. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Very very nice - this one needs to go back to the top.

4. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

radeck.What is the weight of your gun? I am assuming the weight is spot on regardless of the barrel/gauge you are shooting. Very nice. Recoil must be almost non-existant, especially with the 28 and .410 bore barrels. Very, very nice. Enjoy it.............Rob G.

5. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Saw this beauty in person yesterday afternoon. The contrast between the case-colored receiver and the Myrtlewood was stunning. Outstanding workmanship with each of the forends having a little flair all their own while working well with the stock.

If anyone else needs multiple forend blanks with a single stock blank for applications like this three-barrel set, we're happy to oblige.

Thanks radeck for sharing your pride and joy,

Mike Mann

6. radeck

radeck Member

The respective weights are indeed quite close:
    the 20 ga = 7 lbs. 14.2 oz,
    the 28 ga = 7 lbs. 12.8 oz,
    & the 410 = 7 lbs. 15.1 oz.
    Might use a bit of lead tape to equalize them. Shot 16 yd trap using the .410 with a skeet choke. Broke a bit over half - enjoyed it!

7. fish and teach

fish and teach TS Member

you truly have some artisans that worked on that set. It is beautiful. Hope you enjoy shooting it as much as I enjoyed seeing the beautiful woodwork.

8. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Veeeeery nice indeed!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for posting.

Matt Nicol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.