1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Marine Friend Jack

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Got word today that my old Marine friend Jack in Arizona is dying from the "silent disease', Agent Orange having been exposed while in Viet Nam. The cancer is so bad that Hospice is taking care of him and his wife wishes that he goes quickly without any more pain. I too am fighting the disease but thankfully not as serious as my old friend. Please write to your Congressman and beg them to not take 6 Billion out of VA Benefits via paul Ryan's Bill and 62 Billion over the next 10 years! After all, who is more important than a Veteran who was willing to give his life for our country? To my Old Marine Friend Jack..Semper Fi

blade819

2. blade819

3. plaw

plaw Active Member

simperfi,my friend!

4. blade819

Thanks. I guess evryone is for the Paul Ryan Bill.

5. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

No sir--not everyone wants reductions for military/and or it's support functions. Yes, improvements can be made--but lets not start with services to veterans. I believe there are many reductions that could be made--and most of them don't include vets. Sorry to hear about you friend (and yourself)--but you are appreciated and have my support.
    regards
    Bob

6. soup

soup Member

BLADE 819 ,

I too was " Down South " -( for those that don't know , it means south of the DMZ ) Northern I Corp - just got another PSA test-no results yet . I hope our Brother doesn't suffer very long . Agent Orange is a silent killer .

SEMPER FI,
    BILL

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

What should happen is All of congress and senate have their health care taken away and given to the VA, and that goes for the Commander in Chief also!

As a tax payer I don't mind my dollars going for "Good" but health care for millionaire's NO WAY they can buy their own!

I said a prayer for Jack.

8. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

Right on timerfaller, beside there Health care being terminated there salary should be a max 70,000.oo and there not worth that! Term limits 4yr and no pension. this country would be better off without all the pork in D.C. the states are doing a better job at trying to make ends meet, where D.C. just keeps rolling along p--s--g away and stealing money.

9. oz

oz Active Member

all of our elected officials should have to use obamacare. not the just go and get everything free and the best there is. constitution forbids this. oz

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Paul Ryan is not the reason this guy is dying.

11. blade819

buzz-gun: did I say Paul Ryan is the reason? My friend is dying because like many, many of us he was a Partiot. Paul Ryans bill proposes slashing benefits from Veterans and future medicare and medicade recipents and making them use vouchers to make the health insurance companies richer. I agree with all the comments and thank all of you for the prayers.

blade819

12. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

warm wishes to your friend....

my experience with the VA has been, they will find any reason to deny a veteran proper benefits attributed to his/her service connected disability or medical problem. You have to go to your home state's veteran affairs office. These guys, at least in my home state, fight the "big VA" to get veteran's their proper compensation.

The system is broken and has been broken under both Democratic and Republican adminstrations. And there are politicans out there, who never served, that want to cut veterans' benefits. That twit Bachmann was one of them, until she had to backtrack on her proposed legislation, under fire from veteran groups.

13. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Semper Fi, Jack......God's grace to you and yours.

Buzz-gun,

Thank you...........

Kip

14. blade819

Thanks guys for the prayers and comments.

blade819

15. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Your friends pain we all sympathize together. Connecting it to politics is unfortunate. Thanks to Jack and your service to our country Blade. Thanks a lot.

16. blade819

I lost my Polish Buddy yesterday and fortunately his wife said "he just went to sleep". My heart is saddened by the loss of this Viet Nam Veteran Marine. The country is at a loss. Semper Fi

blade819

17. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Blade, this is the first that I've seen your post. I'm very, very sorry for the loss of your friend. I also think that they should forgo giving benefits to the senate and house members and use that money for vets.

18. blade819

Thanks guys. My battle for 20 percent more is ongoing and I will eventually have to go to an Attorney. I believe that now as the Nam Vets are dying off like the WWII Vets over the past 15 years, the VA is adament in obstructing any benefits for us. Have pity on the poor kids in Iraq and Afganistan who will just about all need some type of help from the VA.

blade819

19. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

you should strive to get 30% or more....when you reach 30%, it opens a whole lot of doors to benefits. My experience has been to work through the state VA office rather than deal with "big" a.k.a. federal VA. For some reason the federal VA look for any small reason NOT to give you a favorable rating. I worked through my state VA to battle the big VA and got approved for my rating after a 4 year battle.

The military personnel coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan have been getting short changed by the big VA. I am hearing cases of personnel with loss limbs, head trauma etc., only getting 10% and in some cases, none....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.