1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My lucky day and someones else's also

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by The Rock, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I received a call today as I am a contact person for the club and a gentleman wanted to sell a gun(1100 28Ga Rem.) at the club. He also said he was getting out of the shooting game. Quite a skeet man in earlier years but was a Skeet judge for the last umteen years.

In talking to me on the phone he also said he was going to get rid of the reloading components also. When I asked about lead he said he would sell the shot for $10.00 a bag if he could get that much out of it. I said I would buy all he had at that price. He had 17 bags of 7&1/2 and 8's and 2 bags of 9's. Yep I rode over and got it all as he lives about 1 mile from the house.

He showed me the 1100 in question and the reloader a P/W 600 in 28 ga. He wanted $550.00 for the gun and would throw in the loader for free. I posted the gun for sale on here and gave his name and phone number(with his permission).

Within 1&1/2 hours he received about 15 calls. He called me and asked if I would be interested in some Win 209 primers. I said sure if the price was within reason. How many did he have and price? He then told me he had 13,500 and would sell for $10.00 a thousand. There I go again to the ATM and withdraw from checking. When I got to his place the second time someone pulled up and wanted to look at the gun. He bought it on site.

I put the primers in the truck and then he hands me 8# keg of Herco powder and says thanks for the help selling the stuff "sure didn't think I would sell it all that quick". I just laughed and thanked him again.

Days like this don't happen to me very often. Everybody was happy and we all think we got the better part of the deal. No losers for a change.

Yep Good day.

Rock

Jim

2. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Steady as she goes, Rock.

3. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Rock/Jim

Just shows what goes around comes around.

Glad to see your post as it helped to restore a level of civility to the site.

Some times things do come together for the greater good.

enjoy your day.

ed.

4. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Rock, glad for you. What was said before....What goes around......

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

hey,..shooters are good people!!

6. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Many years ago, I traded a new Lawnboy push mower for a Massey Ferguson rider. I went to pick up the rider, and he told me I had to take all the attachments. There was wheel weights, a tiller, a small disc, and a drag. I loadeed it all up, and took it back to my shop.

When checking it over, I raised the seat. To my surprise, he had added 8 bags of shot to the storage area for more weight for the tiller. I called him back and told him. He said just keep them or throw them away if I liked.

What do you think?

Danny

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Called about a boat for sale ( deep river boat) the lady said her husband died and it was about $3500. When I got there it was brand new and was worth more like $6000 so I said I would take it. I gave her a check and offered to help her unload the boat and she replied, oh no all that goes with it. It had about $4000 worth of fishing gear, electric motor etc in it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.