1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My little girl is growing!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Superdog1, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superdog1

Superdog1 TS Member

We took out my daughters Pink 870 youth 20 gauge from winter storage. She loves this gun, it has "shoot like a girl... if you can!" engraved in the stock. The gun was almost 1 1/4 inch too short for her now. She broke down in tears. I have added an adjustable butt pad to make up the difference, but have sadly told her this is the last year for the small gun. Next season I will have to find a regular 12 gauge for her to shoot trap with. I guess this is just par for course. We have been fielding calls from boys lately, so I guess I just have to realize..... My little girl is growing up. I still hate seeing this cute little shotgun becoming obsolete!

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Why not just put on a different stock? Unless you are planning on going to 12ga.

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Yes & way too FAST, then next your giving her to some young guy (just like us 50 yrs. ago) to take care of her, then hey GRANDPA can you & GRANDMOM maybe watch our precious one if we go out for supper. Now you get to my age & it's Great grandpa do you want to come see your "latest" and you are ringing their doorbell before the phone has cooled-off. Life is great & I wouldn't change anything. (except my wifes cancer) Ross Puls

4. shrek

shrek Active Member

It wouldn't cost too much to get a stock painted pink so she could have that on her new gun.

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

it seems like last year when my duaghter shot her first 5 targets at trap-she was 10 1/2yrs old!--today we leave for her last highschool trapshoot, we have had many wins but also numerous ups and downs!! boys have gotten in the way at times but the travel time conversations,people we have met and father duaghter bonding is PRICELESS!!!!
    PS: as she has grown, she has went through 5 or 6 trapguns to get to one that fits right!-
    -my advice, never change or sell their first gun---goodluck and happy shooting--wally and tabor riebesell
    acss_2008_0303136.jpg

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Same here.

I started my daughter at 11, and it seems like yesterday.

She's now a Senior at Kansas State University (and on their trap team, too.)

7. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Believe it or not there may be grand children coming alone that would love to shoot the same gun as their mom or dad. Keep it, I did (BT99Micro Plus) and have moved two grandchildren through it and have two more coming up.

Heck, I should have bought two!

Ajax

8. Superdog1

Superdog1 TS Member

Thanks for all the good advice. This is my daughters third year of shooting, she is now 12! Tonight was the 4-h shooting night, the first night I had installed the spacer on the but plate. She shot great, had fun, and we both had a great time. We are already looking for the replacement shotgun, the custom paint job is going to be a must.... 12 year olds have to be a fashion statement BEFORE functionality.I do think this 870 will remain in my gun safe for a long time. This is the first gun my wife ever filled out the information for and/or bought. Even my wife could not say no to those little eyes blinking those eyelashes. I had forgotten my wallet, so my wife was the only one with ID on her at the time. As soon as I find my pics file i will post a few pics.

9. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

My 4 year old wants to shoot like her daddy(hopefully better) and big brother. She worships the trophies that he has given to her, I don't win many. I will be forced to shoot alone for a few years when he goes to college in the fall. Didn't think I would miss him already. Take em all out and shoot. Good luck to all, Al Baker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.