1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My latest trade 1973 Y model 12

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by todddietrich, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todddietrich

todddietrich Active Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Marissa, IL
    I was crusing Armslist for shotguns again (I really should stop this). I saw a "Winchester Model 12 Trap Y 30 excellent condition". The gentleman was open for trades for high end pistols. I have a HK USP that lives on a shelf in my gun safe. After about a dozen emails, I am now the proud owner of another model 12. He gave me a little history, that I was hoping some of the you might be able to shed some light on. According the the previous owner, his father was on the Hodgdon Shooting team. Here is his story:

"Interesting. A little history on the gun. My Dad shot trap for Hodgdon's Powder back in the 70s when he got out of active duty as a Lt Colonel. It was a second or third gun. He was the pilot for a few bankers and Mr. Hodgdon so he got the pick of guns as they came in to his gun shop that was attached to the powder business and gun range."

After a good hour of nook scrubbing, I think it's ready to go down to Rend Lake in the morning.

Does anyone have any info on the Hodgdon Shooting Team from the mid 70's ? I thought it would be great to put a picture with the gun.

Todd (Illinois)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.