1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My KX-6 experience.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

There is no need to break out all the pros and cons of the Krieghoff KX-6. They have all been covered in previous posts. My intent today is to merely spout about my recent experience with the gun.

An acquaintance brought his new one to the field after the last Grand. Of course, I held it and mounted it - to my pleasure. I was encouraged to "go ahead and shoot it". I didn't - until just last Saturday. The owner told me he had it dialed it and that he's smoking clays at all yards. I took advantage of his kind offer.

I missed shot number one, then smashed 15 straight. One was a few chips and the rest were puffs of smoke. I finished breaking 21 - just about average. I recall how light the gun felt and how I practically lost sense of it. There was no obvious sense that I had anything in my hands - just the feeling that I could look at the target and break it. No effort. No recoil. It is unimportant. Before leaving the field I handed the gun to one of my shooting friends with one remaining shell. He smoked his target, like I had been doing.

Yes, it is still "The Indian", but this experience clearly demonstrates that the arrow is a vital piece of the puzzle.

This gun is certainly on my list for this year. I'm planning to visit Krieghoff at The Grand, but I'm wondering if I can wait that long to get my own.

Larry

2. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I shoot with a guy that has one. He loves it and he can smoke clays with it.

3. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I had a similar experience, except it was with a Perazzi MX-15, Briley Chokes, and the barrel went thru Wilkinson. The Perazzi MX-15 is a good arrow!!

4. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Totally disagree, shooting one round of 25 doesn't prove anything. I can pickup any gun on a rack of 100 and most likely shoot atleast 20 with it right out of the box. Did you try any other guns? Because most likely you find the same results. Bottom line is the shooter makes the difference about 99.5% of the time. If you did better than you average it is because you focused more, not because of the gun. Try putting 1000 rounds through it and chart the results. If you still find that it has improved your average then it might be simply because the gun fits you better. The key to good shooting is good form and shotgun that fits well. Doesn't matter if it is a KX-6 or a remington 870.

5. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I will chime in here, Chrome does have a point I lived it, where I would buy a new gun and the first 300 rounds goes good then a year later i would have another gun and starting the process all over again.I bought a pre-owned KX-5 a year ago and I shot more straights then ever in my life. It is still not dialed in yet though.I have owned a lot of them Perazzi,Winchester,Remington,SKB,Beretta,Browning and all different configurations, SBT,O/U,Un-single Top-single and pumps and a SXS to boot.This is my first K-gun and I am blown away,smokes targets and little felt recoil.

Jim

6. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Ahhhh.... the KX-6.
    Have one... Love it... fine trigger and easy to forget.
    By that I mean, the KX-6 is effortless... you tend to forget about it and just can concentrate on the bird. A very easy gun to shoot well with a high post head hold.
    Art

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Krieghoff engineers designed a winner. Wait'll the rest of the shooting world admits it. All the ones I've sold are totally enjoyed!!

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

There is no "magic" gun. Just shoot the one YOU like and do the best with.

What works for me may not work for you. That does not make me "wrong" or you "right".

Lastly, it is not 100% the Indian. Most of us will do better with an Arrow that fits us and shoots where we look. Yes, I know Harlan can shoot a pipe attached to a fence post and kick my ass but I am not Harlan. Get a gun that works for you and learn to shoot it.

Don Verna

9. oletymer

oletymer Member

A really good trap gun at a reasonable price. I really like mine.

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Now if they could just figure out how to improve the looks

11. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Cuban,Yes they do win the ugly trophy. Life is too short to win ugly trophys.
    Clyde

12. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Yes, they are not the prettest guns IMHO but the guy that I shoot with says he really doesn't care. It seems to fit him well and he can hit with it. Me, I'll stick with my Perazzi until someone actually proves to me that another gun will improve my scores.

13. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I think that if you threw $2K + of custom stock wood at a KX-6 you would have one beautiful gun. Its matte black finish is very much like that of the early Remington-Kolar 90-T HPAR as are the graceful lines of the receiver. Being the owner of both the KX-6 and the HPAR, I see much similarity. However the KX-6 opens and cocks easier than the 90T and the adjustable rib of the KX-6 offers more ability to fine tune as does the fact that it has choke tubes vs. a fixed choke.
    Art

14. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I put several rounds thru a KX-6. I do not agree withthe comments about them being a "soft shooter". To me the recoil is typical of a break open gun of that weight..SMOKIT

15. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

If you are looking for a KX6 in new condition call Ritchie Phillips at Silver Seitz in Maryland he has one that belonged to a friend of mine and it is for sale, he is great to deal with and I know this gun it is new condition. he will deal with you, if you cant find him or have any questions about the gun you can call me Bill Parker 410-440-4893 glad to help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
krieghoff kx 5 review

krieghoff kx 6 review

krieghoff kx-6 reviews
krieghoff kx5 vs kx6
kx-6 vs kx-5
kx-6 vs perazzi
kx6 review
kx6 vs perazzi