1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

my kids are exhiled from lunch table for PBJ!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by himark, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

So my two kids are 6th and 8th grade. There are days they dont like the lunch room food so the wife makes them a cold lunch. Wife made them PBJ today and they both whined. I asked what the deal was since they like PBJ and they said "If we bring PBJ we cant sit with our friends, they make us sit by ourselves"
    Come to find out the kids that are alergic to peanut butter there parents dont want there kids even around it so the school exhiles all the PBJ kids and makes them sit by themselves...so we have 1% of the kids alergic and our schools make the 99% people make the adjustment. Our systems are screwed up!

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

This is common practice, and it stinks. We had special needs kids when we were in school, but it was their responsiblity and they worked it out with the school staff, the whole rest of the school did not have to do anything.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Welcome to politically correct America!

Ed

4. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

As a former Paramedic nut alergies are the worst, and exposure can be death. Is it worth a .50 cent PBJ?????

GS

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

When I went to school, no one was excluded for anything. There were no special education classes for anything. We had blind and disabled kids in our classes. Everyone spoke English or they learned, quickly. There were no teacher aids. Every class in the 1950's had at least 30 kids (baby boomer's). And I don't remember any problems, none. Oh! And my graduating class in 1964, in California was in excess of 750 students.

6. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

The logic, while appearing backwards, at first, is that the allergic children will have to be exiled EVERY DAY of their school lives. Most children don't eat PBJ's EVERY DAY of their lives, so an occasional inconvenience is less of a burden. Besides, those children have a choice -- they can opt out of bringing a PBJ to school. Some of the allergic children face anaphylactic shock and possible death with exposure to peanuts. Some of the allergies are so severe that just being in the same room with peanuts causes issues. Without exile, they can't really opt out.

Thankfully, my children were never afflicted with these allergies, and my initial reaction was similar to yours when this policy was implemented at our school.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I dont see this as a political issue or anything else other than a safety issue.

What is the complaint here? Just leave the Peanut butter off and substitute something else- like butter for it.

Surely you are smart enough to come up with that idea on your own- you type on a computer

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Pretty hard to believe I lived 68 years without the govt telling me what to do to keep me safe???

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Wow!..I'm glad kids were not allergic to bologna when I was in school...I would have been a loner cuz thats all i ate

10. chipking

chipking TS Member

Our school sends a letter home to the parents or guardians telling them NOT to send any snacks with Peanut butter or peanut products and then has PB&J on their lunch menu. go figure

--- Chip King ---

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I can't believe something like this bothers anyone!!!! LOL LOL How petty can anyone get!!!! LOL LOL

12. capvan

capvan Active Member

OK, so how did any of us get thru 12 years of school without this becoming an issue? Are peanut allergies a new disease?

capvan

13. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

So, applying that same line of PC B.S., if a kid has infectious tuberculosis, he/she gets to go to school and the other students stay home?

Kiv

14. chipking

chipking TS Member

capvan NO not a new allergy but a new world with more open communications. When we were kids in school any problem was known only by the few directly involved and probably not even by other classes in the same school. Now thanks to the internet 1 event gets world wide attention.

--- Chip King ---

15. g7777777

What those of you that are complaining here should really worry about is how your kid(s) are doing in school

If they arent at the top of their class or arent willing to learn a trade early on in life - then they arent going to have a job- the world has changed

So quit complaining about your kids rights to eat P&J sandwhiches ( which by the way hasnt been removed just regulated as to location) -- start worrying about something important- such as what they and you can do to help them be at the top of the class

No I was far from the top of my class- but the world has changed

Quit worrying about "your rights" as opposed to the kid who might die from exposure--

Quit thinking only about yourself and start thinking about your kids future

If you want your kid to be a whiner and unemployed though- keep doing what you are doing and keep setting the example you are setting.

regards from Iowa

Gene

16. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Yes lets quit being concerned about being told what or how our kids should think or do. Lets just let things be and it will all work out. Sounds like a typical liberal to me. Its not the PBJ that is a problem I said its our society. If you let them roll you on one thing how many things will you allow? I didnt mention this but since you bringin it up when my son was 7 him and another kid where "playing" cops and my son and another were holding there hands like a gun and were shooting at each other. They were both suspended from recess for 2 days for promoting "guns". SO where do we start or should say where do we say "stop" no more. I dont want a kid to get injured nor hurt by allergic reactions but I dont think we should bend 99% of society to do so.

17. g7777777

You are missing the point here himark

You are teaching your kids to be whiners- apparently like you

Start teaching them to be workers and achievers

You can easily substitute something for peanut butter and if not- dont whine about it - just tell your kids that is the way that things are.

This is a reasonable safety precaution that isnt harming anyone

regards from Iowa

Gene

18. himark

himark Well-Known Member

So to get your point, opposing the norm=whiners. As for how I raise my kids that has never been questioned until you. You can raise your kids to be followers and I will raise my kids to be leaders. Leaders are as defined by Webster:
    1. One that leads or guides.
    2. One who is in charge or in command of others.

You wont ever be this way "following" but you can choose to do what you wish. BUT do not doubt my kids are raised as leaders not---------Whiners.

**As for the name calling, I choose to pick my battle of the witts with someone that is not unarmed such as yourself.

19. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

So himark, what your solution. Shrugging your shoulders while you enjoy your PB&J while you are standing above the children withering in pain and possibly dying claiming you have the right to eat what ever you want, where ever you want? Lets just execute the unfortunate so they won't be an inconvenience to your god given right to be superior to everyone else. To bad you weren't taught compassion for other people's misfortunes. Better yet to bad you wasn't afflicted with some of these misfortunes so you could experience the wrath of people like yourself.

Being compassionate or considerate for others has nothing to do with being liberal. You and your kind can only name call when you have no other excuses for your behavior.

20. g7777777

himark- I can tell you have never led anything- and that is good for america

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.