1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My kids and their shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gasman03, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gasman03

gasman03 Member

I know there are more people who don't know me or my kids on this board than does but I think everyone likes to hear about any kids. I have a 17 yr old senior a 14 yr old 8th grader both boys and I also have a 12 yr old daughter in 6th grade and all 3 are shooting this year for the Gibbon Trap Team in Nebraska. Tonight was our last practice before our first conference shoot this Saturday. My oldest had a 23 from the 16. My middle son ran another 25 straight and my daughter who I was very proud of came in with a 16 and 18 her personal best. I can't wait for Saturday and see how they stack up.

Corey

2. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Corey,

Thanks for sharing your story and your pride. There is nothing better than hearing about kids being successful at trap--my guess is that you are a very good role model for them. We also have three kids who shoot and their successes are always more important to us than anything we achieve.

Good luck this season to all of you.

3. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

My oldest son is 16 and a sophomore in high school. He has been shooting competitively since he was 11. At our practice this past Saturday he shot a 119/125. My youngest son is 13 and in 7th grade. He did not show any interest in shooting until this winter when we started training/ practice. He has shot at approximately 600 targets since the end of January and darded his personal best this past Saturday with a 19/25. I could not be prouder of either of them. They are both shooting their first registered shoot for this year this weekend. I have been coaching for several years and am very proud of all the kids on our team.

Congratulations on your childrens achievements and progress. There is nothing more gratifying than seeing your kids progress and excell in whatever sport they choose.

Maybe we'll see you at Sparta for the SCTP or AIM Nationals. Keep 'em shooting!!

4. Texas Crew'd

Texas Crew'd Member

Amen, if you want to get to know your kids, take them shooting. Some of the best times will be spent at the range and when looking back scores will not matter.

5. EEB

EEB Member

The best part is it's an activity the whole family can enjoy for a long time. This is always good to hear. The best days are ahead of you.

6. dkarre

dkarre TS Member

Im a high school trap coach for Northwest High School in Nebraska and our confrence started last week. We have 68 kids shooting on our team this year and last week our kids made me proud. We took the top 2 teams in singles, missed high handicap team by 1 target, had high over all team and one of our shooters was runner up in handicap. Its nice seeing how much our high school confrence is growing. There were right close to 300 kids shooting on Saturday at doniphan and its nice to see them participating

7. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

April 28,2012 is the Missouri State High School Shoot at Linn Creek. This shoot should have 700-800 kids from all over the state. There will be club teams,school teams, FFA and 4-H teams. It is a great shoot sponsored by MYSSA (Missouri Youth Sport Shooting Alliance) and the Missouri Department of Conservation. It is the first large youth shoot of the year for the kids.

8. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Thanks for all the great comments on the kids and their shooting. I also love to read about other kids and how they are doing. Makes a guy feel good. Just a side note. The State High School in Nebraska this year they are pre squading because they are expecting over 2200 young shooters this year. I can't wait.

Corey

9. The Stive

The Stive Member

It is great to hear about young shooters and how they are doing. I had some
    great times with my grandsons shooting. John

10. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hey Corey, you and your Family are awesome!!! Glad to hear the kids are shooting great. Keep us posted. Hope to see you this Spring.

Bud, Char, Foster and Matt Bartholow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.