1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My K80 project is final done/w pictures

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Taxidermy, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Well I finally got everything done just in time for the summer. I fitted and finished the Myrtle wood and farmed the checkering out. Picked up a logo K80 and had it case colored. I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Just thought I'd post a couple pictures. Thanks for looking. Ronnie
    <a href="http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/taxidermy1/?action=view┬Ąt=K80casecolored3.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/taxidermy1/?action=view&current=K80casecolored.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Looks great! Nice job.

Hauxfan!

3. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

Very nice!

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

That is a beauty Ronnie. A gun to be proud of if you paid to have it done! Even more proud of when you have the ability to do such work yourself.Jeff

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Fantastic Case Colors!!!!

Who did this masterpiece? Gorgeous stock as well.

6. trapshooter1992

trapshooter1992 TS Member

BEAUTIFUL.......I have a couple of shell cutters from Gary Bully made of Myrtle Wood.......wow.....you have a lot of talent going on there. AGK

7. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Thanks guys,the wood was cut by Wenig I did the fit and finish and modified the forend to a european style. The checkering was farmed out to Tim Smith- Lyons and his website www.classiccheckering.com in the trap section is a KS-5 stock and forend of maple that outstanding 26 LPI the I made for myself. This is a hobby that I do when work slows down in the summer. thanks Ronnie

8. FranzSodia

FranzSodia TS Member

That's a gorgeous weapon. Way to give a face lift to an older gun! Hope you shoot it as good as it looks! John E.

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

John: I hate to "nitpick"; but the above gun is not a "weapon". It is a shotgun that is used in the clay target sport. Don't give the anti-gunners anymore ammunition than they already have. Clay target shooters do not utilize "weapons". The same way they utilize semi-automatic shotguns and NOT automatic shotguns. We will someday have to answer for a lot of accusations and unfounded claims. No sense helping them! . Especially when the Dems along with Obama are in power. By the way. Nice !! Thanks. Ed

10. Erik W

Erik W Member

Nice custom K80. I always liked the logo guns and have one that is one of my favorites. I also agree that we should all drop the term "WEAPON" when referring to a sporting arm. Even a Glock might best be referred to as a pistol. I am afraid our next administration is not going be very gun friendly, so lighten up on the hardcore lingo.

11. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Nicely done. Who did the case coloring?
    Really spiffs up the logo receiver.

12. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

The case colour was done by Signal Mountain Gun Works and they did a great job. thanks Ronnie

13. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

Nice gun. Also a nice touch having your name engraved on the side of the extractor. Good work. Garrett

14. FranzSodia

FranzSodia TS Member

Ed, if you hate to nitpick, then don't. You and Erik are the only two people in who posted, that saw fit to worry more about the term I used rather than the fine work on the gun, weapon, shootin stick, or whatever word you choose to describe the gun. Since, this is Ronnie's work of art and his thread, I'll digress from further discussions with the two of you within this thread. But if you would like to discuss it further, my email is listed. John E.

Esoxhunter, either you are an extremely anal retentive person about words or you are trolling. Either way, I question your concerns over words and the "anti-gunners". Have you been eating dreamsicles? Anti-gunners don't care if you call a gun, a gun or a weapon. If it goes bang and fires a projectile, they want to ban them. Thanks for your constructive criticism, but I will call a gun, whatever, I want and leave the political correctness out of it. By the way, with your experience as a firearms and chemical instructor (where ever that was), I would have thought you could have emailed me your continuing thoughts on this matter. The fact that you didn't, and didn't list your email for me to respond to you, just goes to show that you love putting this B.S. in the public view. John E.

15. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

sharp, I like the checkering.

16. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Check out the sharp looking inlay on the face of the pistol grip. Verrry nice.

17. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

John: In our shooting sports we must use proper terms or the anti-gun crowd picks up on it. The dictionary defines a weapon as an instrument used to inflict bodily harm. Not a good term when used to describe a shotgun that is used to enjoy the clay target games. Now, I do not wish to argue or hurt anyones feelings. As a firearms/chemical agent instructor before my retirement; one of my requirements was that everyone, (to include myself and all instructors), needed to be receptive to constructive criticism. (And that included using proper language when discussing equipment and/or techniques). As it seems you may have a problem in that area. And again I will reiterate my appreciation for a very fine shotgun. My opinion. Ed

18. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

I started engraving my name on the extractors a couple of years ago, it is the only place that it is not noticed, but if someone picks up your gun in a gun rack and carries it off you have identification of ownership or know the s/n. thanks Ronnie

19. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

I have a couple other projects I've done one a 870 LH express converted to a trap gun fully engraved and a LH Benelli auto with maple stocks. If anyone is intrested in looking at them . I will try to post them. thanks Ronnie

20. FranzSodia

FranzSodia TS Member

esoxhunter, it seems you love to peddle your vast knowledge, as a former firearms and chemical instructor, and your constructive criticism to an audience who is not seeking it. I don't recall asking you for a dissertation on proper gun terminology. So, as I stated above, take your technical and politically correct talk (which you want me to edit so as to not offend or stir the anti-gunners) elsewhere. I am not interested in it. John E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.