1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Illinois Voting Dilema

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Trappy12, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

As you all know, in the great state of Illinois we have a history of some of the classiest, noble, respectful, and uncorrupted politicians the world has ever seen. So this next election, finally being a registered voter, I have the privilege of choosing between two wonderful candidates for governor, and two even more wondefuler candidates for senate taking the esteemed Roland Burris' seat, Obama's replacement.
    In the race for governor I have the agonizing decision of casting my vote towards Pat Quinn, Blago's Lt. Gov. who really doesn't have a clue as to what is going on in this state, let alone how to help it get out of this dire financial situation. Or, I can vote for Bill Brady who, by all indications, is a completely whack-job and is really too far right for me.
    As far as the race for the senate goes I have an even more troubling decision between Mark Kirk, who currently holds a seat in the U.S. House who lied about being in the Gulf War. And who's platform seems to revolve around being anti-Obama. Granted I am not an Obama supporter but his focus seems on being anti-Obama rather than any actual substantial platform of what he's about, what he wants to do and how. On the other hand I can vote for the state treasurer Alexi Giannoulias who I don't believe can be trusted, and may have a big hand in causing some of the state budget problems we are currently facing. I feel that if he were voted into office he would just be another democratic puppet and do no good for anybody.
    In this close race, I am by a slim margin leaning towards Brady and Kirk, somebody save Illinois.
    -Trappy

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Just vote the outs' in or the ins' out. Make sure you vote for Plummer for Lt. Gov., great young man with a great future. Illinois needs a complete turnaround.

Why do you think Brady is a whack job?

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Shane. At this point in Obama's reign of financial terror, being "anti-Obama" seems a good reason to vote for someone. Congrats on coming of age. And for those that have not paid attention, I am one of the early ones that knew Trappy 12 had potential.

4. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

Trappy, I am voting the way you are thinking...

mc

5. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Both Kirk and Gianoulliassss scare the crap out of me. What a choice! Quinn has one of his campaign people circulating petitions to outlaw semiautos of any kind by getting a referendum on the ballot. At least Brady, whack job or not, is pro second ammendment. Schock seems to be in campaign meltdown mode and making mistakes.

Somewhere out there must be someone with integrity, smarts, honor, and no baqggage that could run the country, or a small part of it. Oh....if they had all that, they'd be smart enough not to try.

6. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

It probably doesn't matter, They will be under indictment or in jail in a year.

Jim

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Kirk is backing the new federal law trying to eliminate "gun shows"... can someone say "RINO"....

Trappy, Brady may be still too far to your right to your present liking, but in a few more years after you get those first diminutive tax-sucking paychecks, you'll appreciate more of his conservative leanings. At least he isn't a waffler - you know what he stands for and can deal with that.

Can anyone remember Al Salvi - the guy was a political gymnast or was that contortionist?! (lol)

regards all,

Jay

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

For those of us with history on our side, we know that living in Illinois means living under the dictatorship of Mayor Daley current or past. Trappy welcome to becoming part of the process. The decisons your going to have to make are in fact tough. We truly need to send Daley and the democrats a message both at the state and federal levels. We are being spent in to bankruptcy at a record rate. Most people that live here and are thinking individuals are struggling with the same concerns you have about whom to vote for. Most of us here are concerned with the 2nd amendment and our right to own firearms. That will not be an issue if we stay on the current path to financial ruin that Washington DC and Springfield have us on. WE won't be able to afford to shoot. Your young and have yet to accumulate wealth, for those of us that have spent many years working and saving the idea of speading the wealth and paying for everyone else is just wrong. Politicians will tell everyone what they want to hear. If your thing about voting by party do a bit of research how many republicans vs democrats have been convicted of crimes during their time in office in the state of Illinois? A name you might like to research is Paul Powell, where but in Illinois cna the president of the cook county board pass is seat on to his son? Or can a ranking state senator pass his seat on to his son what happened to " of the people, for the people and by the people"?

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

People of the great state of illinois are the ones who allow the silliness that goes on in that state. All I can assume by it is that they feel they shouldn't have the rights that the rest of the country enjoys. I would move before I put up with all the BS you guys have to deal with.

Oh... wait a minute... I did! Free from 60430 since 1981. Jeff

10. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I had a chance to talk to Jim Edgar before the election where he became Gov. I asked him about three things. He told me exactly what I wanted to hear, looked me in the eye, seemed sincere, and after he was elected did exactly the opposite of what he promised me he believed in.

I no longer believe anything any politician believes in. If they act like I want, I might vote for another term. Otherwise, I vote against most incumbents.

Liars, cheats, thieves, philanderers, the only thing that matters is lining their pockets and getting reelected.

Stan

11. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

MIA, but it's just about being anti-Obama. Like he will go out of his way to talk about how he is anti-Obama and not provide any real information.
    -Trappy

12. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Every election comes down to voting for the lesser of the evils. You just gave me a great idea, send Brady to Ca. and well send you Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown.

Robert

13. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

How can Kirk be listed as anti-Obama, after all he did vote for "Cap and Trade". The best thing to do is vote against all the incumbants, they are the self serving jerks who got us into the mess the state is in now. Brady is a much better choice than "Tax and spend" Quinn.

14. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

99 Stan, you've hit the nail on the head describing who and what politicians really are. I've had similar experiences dealing with them and consider the vast majority of them to be the lowest of lowlifes. Politics attracts a certain type of personality, one most of us really detest and find repulsive. As long as politicians continue to put their own interests ahead of ours, our country will bleed. Elections are often about choosing between the lesser of two evils and/or sending a "message".

What I find most disturbing is that, to often, people feel that their own prosperity and comfort are dependent on who gets elected and not on their own merits and efforts. It is this dependency that politicians thrive on and derive their power over us from.

As for Trappy, remember this-- a republican is a former democrat who has done his own tax return.

15. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Trappy, in a few years, with luck you'll be in the work force & if you're lucky find a rewarding job. One plus is that you are finally becoming or showing signs of being an independent thinker. It is time to become selfish. Start thinking about the survival of our nation. It can happen here. In the realm of nations we are a baby. Rome, Nazi Germany, Aztecs, Incas, Napoleanic Empire & the Soviet Empire all collapsed. Why not us. The only thing that can save this country is an awake new generation. Honestly the entrenched power base of both parties are the real threat to our country. Dump any & all incumbents. Once they realize they will neber be reelected. They will have to work at doing their job instead of running for reelection.

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.