1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Hat's Off to Yankee Trap Shooters!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Porter, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

My Hat

I am a died in the wool born again Southerner!! Here by choice now and the Grace Of God at birth!---BUT---My friends to the north have my deepest admiration for shooting in conditions that would make us sit by the fire. It's cold here, damned cold, 13 degrees this morning. I have not been able to get anyone to shoot with me since it was 50 degrees. You guys come to the Grand and bitch because it's 100 (right in out wheel house) but you do come. I suspect that if the Grand was in Wisconsin in January nobody south of St Louis would show up. I've seen photo's of you guys shooting with four feet of snow around you and am amazed! Heck, I've never been where there was six inches of snow on the ground while I was there. And the wind you guys play in! Wow!

Just thought I would tip my hat to some tough competitors!!! Merry Christmas and we will see you when it's about 72 outside!!!

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Get ready for the Yankee invasion. Another few weeks and the trek south to shoot will start and already has started for some. Some go west and some go south. Anything about 50 is considered a heat wave.

Don

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Yeah, not to mention the fact that they talk funny too.

Gne J

4. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

20 degrees and wind today. Cold but it still was fun. Merry Christmas from the north. John

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I'd give anything to have somebody drive me to Texas or Florida right now!!!

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Come on now - Yankees aren't the only folks shooting in odd weather conditions.

This shot was taken at the Rockingham Gun Club near Reidsville NC...

FRedmon

NEWSFLASH - this shot was not taken in NC after all!!!!!

But when I get a good snow shot from a NC club we will post it.....

7. GeezerGlide

GeezerGlide TS Member

Just goes to show you most of us trapshooters aren't playin with a full deck!
    Hell of a day for WHITE flyers..............Jim

8. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

At least the shooters get to shoot - how'd you like to be the scorer?

LMS

9. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Sir, we apologize and we were duped by one of our club members that sent us the picture.

The mystery has finally been solved..

FRedmon

10. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

The trap and the fence fooled me.. This is our field one with the fence on the left.. Obviously the traphouses are different..

FRedmon

11. joannl030

joannl030 Member

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you from Western New York! 12 degrees, windchill is -7 and we have approx 4 ft of snow on the ground, not to mention the 5 to 6 ft snow piles that my 4'11" frame tries to throw the snow over!

The shooting last Sunday wasn't too bad, about 32 degrees with rain drizzle. The hardest part of shooting my 49 was shuffling over the ice/slush covered gravel driveway to the fields and shooting through the light fog.

Shoot well and stay warm!
    Jo Ann

12. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Having shot in a winter league in upstate NY almost every year since 1981, I appreciate the fact that you folks in the South take notice of what we endure up here in the winter. As I get older, I must admit, that the sunny south is looking better every year for the winter! It sure would feel good to not have to wait until the white out clears before you call for a target! How are the winters in Tn? We are contemplating this area as a possible relocation point for the retirement years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.