1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My funny Southern California story !!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ysr_racer, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Here's a funny work story.

I work for one of the largest corporations in the USA, and most of you do business with us either directly or indirectly on a daily basis. The fact that I live in So Cal, one of the most PC, crybaby, nanny-state places on Earth just makes it more fun.

If someone sneezes and someone else says "bless you", some crybaby atheist will go crying to HR.

Today it was my turn "to get the call". I show up, and there is one HR consultant and the HR Director.

They tell me about our policy on tolerance and diversity, and that we don't tolerate racial slurs. Nobody's more PC than me so I was shocked, shocked I tell ya'

I asked them what I said, and they replied that someone had heard me use the term "Slope" to describe somebody. When they said that all I could do was laugh. They asked me if I thought it was funny, and I said "no".

Chuckling, I said I actually used the term "Sloper". The HR women asked, "Is that different"?

And I said, "Yeah, a Sloper is my friend Dan that works up in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska (on the north slope), that thing you said is offensive to Asians".

I thought she was going to cry, then I added, "Have you seen a picture of my wife, she's from the Philippines".

They're getting back to me :)

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath waiting for them to apologize or get back to you. You're now on the LIST!

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Yup, we are the bastion of PC combined with arrogance and ignorance here in so cal.

4. MR870

MR870 Member

Reminds me of the time in college(I paid MY WAY!)when two guys,one black and the other white,were arguing about racism,slavery,taking advantage with race card,and etc.They turned to me and asked my opinion on the matters.I looked at both of them and said if don't like America,go to hell back to Africa and Europe where your ancestors are from.I'M AMERICAN INDIAN(Muscogee Creek) and my ancestors were here a hell of alot longer than yours so that's how I feel about it.Ya'll have a country to go back too,ours is where you are today.I was later called to the Dean's office because of my opinion and than that I was creating a hostile atmosphere with my out spokeness.I replyed that if we needed to call the Bureau of Indian Affairs DOJ to referee the matter then go ahead.My Deptment of Interior lawyer trumps your NAACP lawyer anyday.Matter dropped.Life's tough,buy a helmet!!!

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I have room in my heart for all people, even inferior people.

(Actually, I am an unusual mix of European and Asian (Japanese). I have so many funny stories...like the time I said "have a nip" in front of a Japanese American teacher after returning from lunch. Not to her, but to a friend with no other thought in mind. That was a brand of coffee flavored candy at the time...that's just one story...and then there was the time in Arizona when, at a swap meet, I was kindly welcomed and asked "what tribe are you from?"...ah, this American pastiche.)

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

"inferior people" Chango2, exactly what do you mean by that?
    Also,

Actually, you are NOT an unusual mix--there are hundreds of thousands of Asian/Euro mixes.

Guy Babin

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I remember the first time I was called "Honky," in college. I asked the Black Dude what a Honky was? He made my day.... Some people don't take offense!

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I don't know when it became OK to "report" someone for something you overheard. If someone says something directly to or about YOU, you could have a valid issue. Reporting someone for what you think you overheard is childish and simplt stupid. Companies who react to that kind of crap are in the pocket of the likes of Jesse and Al (the Revs). They are looking for trouble and making it wherever thay can to justify their jobs which produce no value. They are like "Internal Affairs". They must find problems or they have no jobs.

9. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

They'd probably ban Archie now.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iQfASpUYKSU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Birdogs,

They used to do that in Germany in the 30's and 40's and it is now here.

Don't forget to wear your armband, you will be fine

11. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Coupe years ago two ladies that I know that are cleaning staff at a local high school were in the break room and got into a discussion about racoons. the one's father would always have a couple young ones hanging around the farm taht he fed dog food to. Well the girls were talking about what happens when coons get into the attic of a house and make a mess or even worse when they get into the house itself. Well you guessed another of their co workers who was black overherad a part of the conversation between these two and reported them. Big damned fuss and they almost got fired!!! Yep PC gone crazy. In the end the complainer got let go for totally unrelated events quite some time later. North West Ohio in fact! Reminds me of the joke about the two white hunters coming out of the woods in the morning carrying a large dead Raccoon. Well they run into two black hunters at the edge of the field and the black guys ask what sort of animal that is . Not wanting to offend, the one fellow says it is the same name as what you black fellows sometimes call each other. The one black guy looks at the other and says, they done shot themselves a Mother F$$$$$r!!

12. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Yes, a sense of humor and tolerance goes a long way. I was taking a picture of a group of fellow shooters, one of whom is Black and very dark. He told me all I'd get is a picture of teeth and eyes. I gold him not to worry, my Leica lensed digital Panasonic can handle huge contrasts. I also told him he is not being "PC" and he rather smirked at that remark. "Times are changing...all the time"...

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

PS My use of the phrase "inferior people" was meant to be glib and tongue in cheek. Some didn't get my being absurd and facetious with that remark, and old one liner. To those individuals offended, I apologize.

14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Chango2

No offense on my part, i knew exactly what you meant when you said "inferior people"

I see them all the time, driving around town with "Obama 2012" bumper stickers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.