1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Four days at Washington D.C

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FranchiMan, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FranchiMan

FranchiMan TS Member

First, we were up at 3:30 in the mourning to head to Washington D.C and we have been driven for 3 hours when we get to eat breakfast. Then we have to go back on the bus to go to the first Major stop of our trip was Gettysburg. Gettysburg as most of you know is the battle fields of the Civil War, and my group and i got to go on them and look at places where the 24Th Michigan was fighting against a confederate solider they were shooting back and forth at a short distance they were a street length a part thats how close they were. Then we got back on the bus and went to Maryland because that's where our hotel was at. Second, we got up the next day 5:00 because we had to be on the bus at 6:30. We went to the Ronald Reagan Building for breakfast. Then we went to Arlington National Cemetery. We also got to witness the solider changing and the Prime minister lad a wreath on the Tomb of the unknown solider. Where we got a tour of Joe Louis's grave and other info about Cemetery. We also saw JFK's and his wifes grave and his brothers grave. Then we went to lunch at Old County Buffet.Then we went to the Memorials of Vietnam, Lincoln, Korean, and Jefferson's. Third,we had breakfast at Hard Rock Café then went to Fords Theater where Pres Lincoln was shot. Then we had lunch. Then we went to the Holocaust Museum where we all got a card of a real person that was in the holocaust and we read and seed if the person lived or died my guy lived. Then we had dinner on a boat and it was literally a dance party. Finally, we had breakfast at Ronald Reagan Building again. Then we went to the National zoo. then to the naval academy then to Baltimore and then home.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Wow, it took me 17 years of living here to do all of that. LOL!!!

3. FranchiMan

FranchiMan TS Member

Thanks for responding recurvyarcher.

4. recurvyarcher

So you didn't get to see the Air and Space Museum, then? It's one of the cool things to see, too. You'll have to return!

5. FranchiMan

FranchiMan TS Member

recurvyarcher i did go to the Air and space museam but there was to much to say i forgot to put it in the story.

6. recurvyarcher

LOL...you must be EXHAUSTED!!!

Come back one day. Martin and I would love to meet you at the trap club and shoot with you. We'll show you around town at a more leisurely pace.

7. FranchiMan

FranchiMan TS Member

what trap club and which state.

8. recurvyarcher

We have more than a few...

Prince George's Trap and Skeet (Near NASA in Maryland)
    Coon Club (Hampstead, MD)
    Carney (Carney, MD)
    North Carroll (Westminster, MD)
    Carroll (Eldersburg, MD)
    Thurmont (Thurmont, MD)
    Millington Sportsman's (Millington, MD)_
    Synepuxent Gun Club (Berlin, MD)
    and many, many more...some near Annapolis, too

Glen Rock Gun Club (Shrewsbury, PA)
    Jefferson Gun Club (Jefferson, PA)
    Hopewell Fish and Game Association (Stewartstown, PA)
    Manheim Sportsmen's Association (Manheim, PA)
    Oxford Gun Club (Oxford, PA)
    New Oxford Gun Club (Cross Keys, PA)
    and more...

This is trapshooter's heaven!

9. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Wow I have been looking for a place to retire that has lots of trapshooting.
    Do

10. recurvyarcher

Rennerize, come on out and Martin and I will show you around. Living just across the Maryland state line in Pennsylvania is the better real estate value. Maryland and northern Virginia are very expensive.

11. FranchiMan

FranchiMan TS Member

I can't do that because 1. I'm only 13 2. I live in Michigan. (I'm not being sarcastice).

12. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Devi... That's my oldest son Mark.

Jerbear

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Jerber; Maybe you could send him to Devi for a couple of years. Think of the money you would save.

Don

14. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

Recurvyarcher: What clubs are close to Ft.Meade. I know NASA is right there. We pass it to get on base. Is there a club in Glen Bernie or Laurel? I am going to visit my son next month and would like to go shoot alittle while I am there. What is the price per round at the clubs? Thanks ED.

15. recurvyarcher

Hey, Mark! Didn't know it was you...LOL!!! I knew that your mom and you were here, just didn't connect the dots. You can come back with me one of these times when we are up in Michigan and visit some more if you like, or all of you can come and stay with us here and we can do some things together. Ride horses, fish, shoot.

pahunter...the closest public club to Ft Meade is going to be Prince George Trap and Skeet on Good Luck Rd near NASA. It is open 7 days per week to the public. There is a club in Pasadena near where I work, but I don't think it's open every day, and it would take you almost the same amount of time to get there. There is not a club in Laurel, and I don't know of one in Glen Burnie, either (but I might be wrong there...I hardly ever go to G.B.).

We pay $35 for a book of 10 tickets at PG. On Tuesday afternoon/eves through the summer, they have throw ATA targets (Big 50).

Email me when you are coming, and I'll buy you a round or two.

16. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Hey Recurvy,

The cost of tickets went up April 1st. It's $38 a book now. I bought a couple just before the prices went up.

Like everything else I s'pose.

Luvn

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

Great story and you sure did make it sound like you were one of them touring ferners from another country the way your punkuation was.

Glad you enjoyed your trip but why do the call it Fords Theater when Lincoln was shot there and it was many many years later when Gerald Ford was President.

18. recurvyarcher

Theatre entrepreneur John T. Ford leased the First Baptist Church in 1861 and converted it into a music hall. "Ford’s Atheneum" grew in popularity and was poised for tremendous success when the building was destroyed by fire. Undaunted, the entrepreneur immediately began reconstruction and opened Ford’s "New Theatre" in August 1863.

19. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Should be FranchiBoy I guess!

20. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

handlepuller, you should have seen the sign on name he wanted to use before I caught him.

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.