1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MY FOID IS HERE! MY FOID IS HERE!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Luckyman, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Damn there good!

I received my FOID today! exactly 30 days from the day I sent my check which was one....I hope you can sense my sarcasm....I still would like a resolution to the gap in validation between the actual approval date and the time the card is created....Very easy to fix.....BTW still haven't heard back from my state rep....Surprise! Surprise! There isn't an IL Politician Republican or Dem that would touch that issue....The funny thing is they could have sent my card much sooner as they didn't need an updated Photo...They had mine from my last DL renewal from a couple years ago? Why do they have people even send a photo if that is the case?

Anyway I won't have to deal with this for 10 years.....Hooooahhhh!

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

You're lucky. Our is good for only five years in Georgia. Jackie B.

3. capvan

capvan Active Member

What is a FOID?

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

FOID: Firearm/s Owner Identification Card

Eric

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'm happy for you... now that the sky hasn't fallen! I would've been bumbed if I couldn't sell you a few rounds of trap and take that cold cash from your mitts...

Happier New Year?!

Jay

6. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

No the sky hasn't fallen but I would still like to have something in place that would protect me/us in case of a lost card....Maybe the document that the card was stuck to? I saved that just in case....

7. spitter

While it may not be 100% legally sufficient, I would make a couple front/back copies of the FOID for your records. For most purposes, the FOID is not recognized as a legal form of identification, but in a pinch while you're waiting for a replacement, I bet it would suffice... having a legal FOID in place with the ISP.

For hunting licenses which get beat up over the season, I make a couple of color copies and laminate them... never have had an issue with a game warden...

Just a thought... now you've got it issued!

Jay

8. capvan

capvan Active Member

Yet another reason I am glad I live in Vermont. Land of NO gun laws.

Thanks Sissy....

Bruce

9. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

capvan:

You're very welcome.

sissy

10. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

Luckyman, have you filed suit yet against the State of Illinois for your irrepairable emotional trauma they have caused for this grueling 30 day torture you have been exposed too? Please don't buy a car and try to resell it soon, TS will have to endure more whinning from you why it took 30 days to get back the title and how many potential sales you lost in said 30 days. My opinion...30 days dealing with ANY state for ANY paperwork seems to be the norm, like it or not. I'll hazard a guess, now that you have your FOID card, you won't pusue righting the injustice the State of Illinois will inflict upon the rest of the states firearm owners in the future...right?

11. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I think you were kind of lucky...didn't get caught, got your card in the exact time the law specifies, and now have a good one for the next ten years. Mine took 38 days and arrived on the day before I was to go back to work in the gun shop.

12. spitter

Just got my FOID card... again, another blazing turnaround - 10 days... Why?! I have no definitive reason, but I do send it certified mail, with a signed return receipt request - its a couple extra bucks, but seems to work in my circumstance.

Sent 12/28, signed received on 12/30, mailed out pre-sort 1/6, received in the box last night... I have nothing to complain about... its got MY picture, with all MY correct personal information on it! (lol)

It got issued so quick, they even moved the renewal month, up a month! I take back everything I said about civil service and state workers... for now.

regards all,

Jay

13. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

BTW....I will peruse this even though I have my FOID!!!! I will not sit idle and be herded like Sheep on this issue....Bottom line if you lose your FOID or it's not in your possession for any reason you are illegal to posses a Firearm even though you may be legal....This is not right!!!

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Ask Turban Durbin for help. Tell him you just got out of Gitmo. He'll arrange for you to stay in the Governor's Mansion, Quinn isn't using it either.

15. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

stokinpls:

Turban Durbin is passe. "Chicken Dick" OTOH captures his essence.

sissy

16. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Luckyman congrats on receiving your current and up to date FOI card. Please remitt your state income tax check by Jan 31st or it will be revoked

17. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I keep a note from my mother handy.....have not had to use it yet, but I'm prepared.

tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

if my foid is active but my card isnt here yet can i buy

waiting for foid packet using easy foid