1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My First Time at Cardinal?? What's There??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Clayshooter08, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

My First Time at Cardinal?? What

It will be my first time at the Cardinal, just curious what it will be like?? Vendors?? Etc.???

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Most of your motels are over 10 miles away, but the Cardinal Center is right
    off the highway so you won't be far away time-wise.

The major exhibitors have permanent locations in the buildings, so they'll
    be there.

It's the worlds biggest trailer park.

The trap line is l-o-o-o-g.

Bring your own shade. There's isn't much shade - or trees.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

There are no trees along the trap line but there is a shade structure every other trap and the vendor buildings have a continuous porch on the North side. Thers also a outdoor covered sitting/eating area next to the CE building.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Thyere is shade!!!, Cold water at every trap, shaded camping spots in most areas, hotels, motels very close by, A very large mall about 15 miles south, with some of the best eating places in the WORLD. Trap shooting supplies by AJ Brenner, Sportsmans Den, and Fin Feather & Fur. Best prices around, and this will be shopping season as usual at all 3.

Most vendors will be there for the 5 day shoot, that have buildings, plus tent vendors, and Gunsmiths, and Stock people.

One of the fastest growing shoots in the USA bar none.

About 70 miles EAST of the TRAPSHOOTING MECCA, Vandalia Ohio.

570 Miles East of Sparta, Illinois.

300 miles from Elysburg Pa, 120 miles south of Mason Michigan.

THIS IS THE HOME OF TRAPSHOOTING COUNTRY USA. Almost.

Good shooters come here and and leave as Great shooters.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Gary, are you trying to tell us that it is a nice venue, if so, come right out and say it, don't beat around the bush like this.

6. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

It is bigger than most state shoots so a good number vendors are there. Not as many as the Ohio State shoot or the Grand but quite a few.

Rock

Jim

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Worlds largest trailer park!!! I've never been there, but have been to the Silver Dollar is Fla. How does It compare in size to the Silver Dollar??? Must be nice with multiable vendors. How many fields are there??? Anyone been to both of these fine clubs who can give me any info on these questions??? Thanks in advance. Break-em all. Jeff

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

It could hold 20 silver dollars. No comparison.

9. Setterman

Go to the Cardinal Campground web site. Site map and pictures there.

10. Pull & Mark

Clayshooter08, I suggest you go back to the home page, get of ATA website and look up the club. I just did and was very glad I did. Diana at 567-876-1466 or cardinalcenteradvertising@yahoo,.com for all your vendor info. Not that I plan to go there anytime in the future, but looking at the pic's they had looking down the fields, airplane shots with fields and vendors I was very impressed with the layout, room, camping looked very nice. I would have to place it on my bucket list as it were. Now as far as 20 times the size of the Dollar no way. The dollar has 48 fields when they open both sides for 2 shoots a year. But they don't have near the total size, and camping and family fun for the whole clan. Dollar is more geared to a retired couple not family. The only question is are they still open on Sat. during the winter months??? or is the whole club closed??? Break=em all Jeff

11. Terry L A

Terry L A TS Member

Jeff. I Believe there are 24 traps at the dollar- bank 1-3 on the gun club side and 3 fields of 4 (12)on golf side. There are 52 traps at cardinal.

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

24 program traps at the Dollar-6 banks!!

13. Pull & Mark

Thanks for the heads up Terry and Dawg. Its been 3 years since I was there and I thought it was 6 banks of each side not 3 on each side. They have a total of 26 trap fields and 2 skeet fields. So Cardnal is twice as big. But Dick mentioned they have lots of trailers. Is it also a trailer park/ trap shooting park like the SDollar without the golf course???

14. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

If you are staying for a while, they have a great laundry service, do your own, or "Fluff and Fold", and a great restaurant also at the entrance to the faciity, called the Farmstead Restaurant, both owned by the Fishburn Family. Indoor swimming for campers, and a fishing pond for the kiddies. Their shower facilities are possibly the best one could ever find at any facility. Individual shower rooms, I believe 22 of them, and they are spotless...

Dave in SC

PS: also some of the most friendly people you will ever encounter.

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Vast camping areas, fishing pond, indoor pool and rec room, large club house and classification building. Sporting clay range with clubhouse, bunker Trap course, Large vendor area. Nice private shower-bathrooms. It just keeps getting better.

16. Pull & Mark

So I'm guessing no moble homes, but alot of camping going on. Looks to be a great way to spend a long weekend with the whole family!!! "Indoor Pool" must be a real plus in the winter time!!! You don't see any of those this far south!!! LOL. I can see why many shooters would rather spend there money there where the whole family can enjoy a long weekend as opposed to spending it in the middle of Sparta in the heat with nothing much to do around there for the family. Break-em all JEff

17. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

Another Ass heard from. WTG Jeff. Dan

18. Pull & Mark

Dan, Ouch, name calling is so childish!!! Haven't you heard the new TV commercials these days. "Stop Bullying"!!! You may go to whatever club you want to travel to!!! I was just trying to see for myself (since I will not going anytime soon) why a large number of shooters prefer shooting at one club over another. I would like imput on one side or the other, but find your imput abit off-topic and non-helpfull!!! Break-em all. Jeff

19. Setterman

Trapshooter 1 and Hunter44 are "Sparta Cheerleaders". Anyone says anything positive about Cardinal and they jump on them. Maybe they'll learn that their attitude drives shooters away from their paradise in Illinois.

20. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

Setterman- You sir are wrong. The only time I weigh in is when someone says something bad about Sparta. Especially someone who has probably never been there. I do not live in Sparta nor have I ever lived in Sparta. I own a house about 100 miles north of there but at the present time I am not living there. I have nothing against the Cardinal. I may even shoot there next year if I get to go back to shooting. If I have knocked the Cardinal center it is only aimed at someone who knocks the World Shooting Complex and the good people around it. There are a lot of things for families to do around both areas. My wife loves to shop in Fairview Heights and it is only 40 minutes away. I was in Ohio when the good people from Sparta were basically run out of town on a rail. I was there shooting the Grand and it kind of turned my stomach. At that time I had never been to Sparta. I would hope that would never happen to anyone from Ohio or anywhere else for that matter coming to Sparta to visit and see how the Grand is being run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.