1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My first post

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Baba O'Riley, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley TS Member

Hello. Been meaning to sign on here for a while. It seems there are a few live bird shooters on this board, any body have any interesting stories to tell about competions they were in. Thanks Mike

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Nobody shoots live birds here. Go away.

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Don't pay any attention to JBrooks. No one else does.

Welcome to TS.com.

Don't know if you'll find any live bird shooters, but I'm sure you find something or someone to keep you coming back.

Hauxfan!

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Baba, you'll find that this site is only a Teenage wasteland, It's only teenage wasteland, Teenage wasteland, Oh, oh..Teenage wasteland!

They're all wasted!

Tron

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Been listening to the "Who" there Tronny boy?

Welcome to the board Baba'.

ec90t

6. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

I know eagles taste like chicken, but what do sea gulls taste like??? Coots

7. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

no live bird shooter, but i know where you can a bumper sticker that p----- some people off

mollyone

8. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Mike, don't let the juveniles run you off. Always glad to see anyone post for the first time for a breath of fresh air. I shot a few flyers or live birds as a kid in Central Kentucky. Would still shoot them if costs weren't so great. Go to the search function on the home screen. I've seen some posts in the past on flyers.

Yes, this is mostly a trapshooter oriented site but glad you are here.

Eddie Quire

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Stop the killing, birds have families too. HMB

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Pay any attention to Hofan. He is one of your fellow PETA members

11. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

Hey Baba, welcome to the fray! The above is just a sample of the fare here. As to your question,I've shot lots of live birds in my 58 years: quail, doves, ducks, geese, even an occasional crow, but don't think I ever shot one in competition, unless you count bets made with my teen-age cohorts many years ago as to whether or not a .22-250 Remington would hit a crow in the top of a dead tree at 200 meters. BTW--you're not a covert PETA operative on a stealth mission to gather intel on bird killers, are you? If so, any identifying information on this site regarding me is incorrect. Anyway, welcome to TS.com. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I do.

P.S.--GrubbyJack--seagull tastes like salty chicken!

12. Ertz

Ertz Member

You beat me to it Tron.

13. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Winged rats are fun shooting and their young are tasty! I shoot a few. I mean at a few.
    Joe

14. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Baba,welcome aboard.There are some live bird or flyer shooters on here.

Most around here are invite only.PETA, if you know what I mean.

Bocephas

15. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm a flyer shooter !! The KING of shotgun sports ! What would you like to know? I shoot most big US shoots, and Spain & Mexico, & going to Morocco for World Champs in April.

16. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

You guys will note that Baba has left the building. Anyone who comes on here and asks about flyers in his first post is a PETA plant. Wise up. You too Larry.

17. racer

racer TS Member

Why do people call it "live bird shooting"? Not much point in shooting a dead one is there?

18. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley TS Member

Thanks everybody.I shoot trap ,skeet and sporting clays was just introduced to box birds. Thanks trapboyfor your story.If you have time to type up some more of them i'd like to read them. Euro joe ,what gun do you use ? loads ? Any experince w/ Winchesters live bird gun, prices on these seem to be coming down.I,m using a 682 Gold Sporting , but the guys i shot with said it may be a flat shooting gun.Please forgive any typing errors.Thanks again Mike.

19. primer

primer TS Member

I used to shoot a MX3 that was 60-40. and that was fine for me. I shot at Hegins, Ryans, Etc never was a Champion but I did win a few dollars. It is the King of all shotgun games. Find a shotgun the shoots where you look. I hope you enjoy it, I did.

20. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Mike im all against the ideal of shooting live birds because it puts me in danger if you know what I mean.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/family%20photos/?action=view&current=fog-8.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Why not take up fishing instead.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/animation/?action=view&current=fishingbird.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

By the way welcome to the site.

Foghorn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.