1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My first model12

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nailer123, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Will i picked up my first model 12.I ended up with a nice 1939 trap with some engraving dog on one side and ducks on the other nice wood no rust.I dont know much about model 12 so anything you can tell me would be great.I'm like a kid with a new toy can't wait to shoot it.Hope to show you some pics.Kirk

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Most of the old 12's were beautiful guns. Best of luck with it Kirk.

3. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i hope you truly enjoy one of the finest shotguns ever made. dwain

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Light lubricaiton on the slide and bolt area and oil the metal surfaces, clean it on a regular basis. It will out last nay

5. 17145

17145 TS Member

It is either 12-2 or 12-3 engraving on your gun. 12-2 engraving has 2 ducks on the right side of the receiver and a dog and 3 trees on the left side. 12-3 has 3 ducks on the left side of the receiver and a dog on the right side. Do you know if it is a pigeon grade? If there is a pigeon stramped on the under side of the receiver extension then it is a pigeon grade. If it is a pigeon grade or not, it sounds like you got yourself a very nice model 12. good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.