1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MY FIRST IOWA STATE SHOOT WAS FUN

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jackmitch, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

had a great time at the shoot. shot poorly but had fun. the scorers were very pretty, accept the boy ones. the venders were great, my favorite was team adrenaline, as i'm sure it was for every other red blooded american male there. saw some great shooters shoot and met some really nice people. our new ata delegate gave me some helpful insites while i was talking to my new friend hauxfan who i yhink i converted to a cyclone fan. ha ha lol. if anyone had a bad time they take the game to seriuosly. i don't think it's just about the scores it's about seeing friends and making new ones to me. maybe i feel that way because i'm not to good. jack mitchell

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Jack......I too had a good time at the Iowa State shoot. I should have gotten with Hauxfan to meet new people from this site.

Sat. I shot my lowest score in the first 100 and my highest in the 2nd 100. LOL.

One of the things I like about the shoots like that is to watch some of the well known names shoot. They make it look easier than it really is. I did discover that it is easier to shoot a bad score than a good one. LOL

Bill

3. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

likes to shoot i'm the true master of the low score and dumb things to do while shooting. today i forgot to shut off my cell phone and it wrang while i was shooting. i hope none of my squad mates heard it. i watched richard marshall and his squad shoot ahead of my squad saturday WOW he really smokes em and so did the rest of his squad. i must of been in awe i shot 89 and 94. if you ever get down to to ottumwa look me up i don't get to far from home to shoot so i'm kind of hard to find elsewhere. jack mitchell

4. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

did anyone else have a good time at this shoot or was it just me and bill. by the way bill i have posted a thread on ts.com about our shoot 8/5/07 so this is your personal invite from me to come on down.

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Jack.........I have intentions of shooting at Ottumwa sometime. I've shot with some from there at the Ike's state shoots. I don't know if I can make it the 5th but I'll try.

Bill

6. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

big ed i know its a long drive buy you are always invited to our club too. bill we shoot the first sunday of the month in september and october too. sept. is our shell shoot. hauxfan if you are out there you are also invited we've been told we put on a pretty good shoot and have great food so come on down we'd love to have you. jackmitchell

7. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

Jack,

At,which monthly shoot is the fish fry along with the shoot, if you still have it in Ottumwa?

Jim

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

It was nice to meet you to, Jack.

Glad you could make it your first state shoot. Being at the state shoot is always a great time.

As for me becoming a psyclone fan, don't hold your breath........lol

That will never happen.........But I do hope they win every game but one, and I think you know which one that game is.....lol

Hauxfan!

9. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Jack....be sure to schedule this shoot every year. I know you met some of the best BSer's in trapshooting, but not all of them. Haukfan is the BS king, so at least you met the ruler to measure by. Glad you had fun.

Maltzie

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

BS king???? I don't think so. Maltzie........If I'm not mistaken, Hugedick was always wearing his knee high waders when he was talking to you at the shoot. There had to be a reason for that.........

Of course you guys could have been talking about the missing link..........Denny.......aka The Literalist.......

Hauxfan!

11. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

harleypilot they must have stopped that before i started shooting but don't let that stop you from coming we still have pretty good food.
    maltzie i will definitely go back i really had fun.
    biged i think hauxfan will master the new iron shoot it well he seems to be a dedicated shooter and nice fellow too. i hope all of you can make it to our shoots since i don't get out of town much. i really enjoy seeing all you guys and shooting the sh#t i mean targets. jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.