1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

my first homemade shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maclellan1911, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

[​IMG]

I purchased a used BetterShotMaker.....just seeing if it worked and ran about 6-8lbs through it. I only used a small ammo can with sierra coolant and did not even set up correctly. I just wanted to make sure it works.
    Looks good so far....had some big and nasty stuff but over all with time and proper set up I will have a use for all those wheelweights.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

maclellan1911- Making shot can be a hot, dirty job that makes a great mess and an unpleasant smell. That is the kind of thing us little boys find as a lot of fun. I am glad that we only grow old and never grow up.

Pat Ireland

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

The more I can do to afford shooting more the better. I was tradeing WW for shot with a TS.com poster. It was good. but now he has stopped. I came across this unit....his whole set up. Tanks,pumps,heater,cooler,coolant,screens so I am going at it. I need to smelt down my WW Like to do about 250lbs to have on hand.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have been smelting WW for some time mainly for fishing weights and slugs.
    I have often told people I am more worried about the crap that burns off than the lead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.