1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My first car

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by awbenz, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

My first car was a pickup. 1955 GMC, 288 Pontiac V-8. Back when Pickup's weren't Cool. Allen

2. three-reloaders

three-reloaders TS Member

Mine was 36 ford coupe with rumble seat. All restored and painted Hunter Green Metallic. Girls like the rumble seat. Jerry

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

'53 Meteor (Canadian Ford) Victoria 2-door hardtop....255 Merc flathead, twin glasspacks, 3 on the tree, narrow whitewalls, spinner hubcaps....cost my old man $400.

4. Mac V

Mac V Guest

My first car...1958 Isetta 300...this isn't it...mine was green!
    <center>[​IMG]</center>
    Mike

5. dhg

dhg TS Member

Urkle's car. Did I do that?

6. Beretta Man

Beretta Man TS Member

Mine was 1957 Chevy 2 door hardtop.

beretta man

7. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

When it came time for my first car my father had been looking at a Ford Maverick. I guess that wouldn't have been too bad but then a great thing happened. Our neighbors were trying to buy a new AMC Pacer (remember those?) and the dealer didn't want to take their trade-in since it had a bad transmission. They knew we were shopping so they called dad and offered it to us for FREE.

And that’s how I ended up with a 1966 Ford Mustang as my first car!

8. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Mine was a 1963 Chevy Impala, 10 years old when I got it as part of my bride's dowry.

9. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

1959 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe. 348 Big Block, board & stroked. Purchased it down in Key west Fla. Had to put a heater in it. Came with only an Ac unit that worked. This was 1965. Used the base Machine shop to do all the engine work. It got 10.4 miles per gallon stock but when we got through pumping it out it got 6.3 MPG. Drove it from Key West to Moline Ill. pulling a small U-Haul Trailer. Stopped at every other gas station along the way. But the thing about it was it run like the Ginger Bread Man. This was it's name. When we got to the mountains it slugged right on up witout any problems. We carried an extra 5 Gal. of gas in the trailor for just in cas. We had to use it when we got into thoes mountains. Not very many gas stations up in them thar high hills. Rich.(inPeoria,Az.)

10. incognito

incognito TS Member

Bob_k,

If you were 10, how old was your bride?

11. len w

len w TS Member

In 1955, I was 16. I bought a 1947 Lincoln coupe for $125.00. It was painted powder blue The side trim, hood abd trunk ornament were removed, dual exhaust and a Ford V/8 instead of the old I think V/12 Not very fast but very loud. The engine need lots of work. It burned oil and drank it pretty fast. Sold it about a year later for 125.00 and got a 49 ford for the same price. Len Weller

12. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

My first car was a 1950 DeSoto with a flat head 6. It had Chrysler's Fluid Drive transmission with a clutch that you could pop and burn a strip of rubber on the pavement with.

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Mine was a 57 Chevy Bel Aire Aqua Green and White 4DR. I loved it, it was ten yers old when I got it.

14. JRW

JRW Member

My father gave me a 57 chevy 4 door. Yes I wish I still had it. Jerry in MI

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

My first car was a 1954 Olds Super 88 ...
    The car I am trying to make a deal on now is a like new 1963 Dodge 440 (2 Dr Hardtop), (Super Stock look alike) with a 426 Wedge in it with offset 2x4's, manual valve body 727, and 3:91 Posi, should bring back some memories ... I figure the price now is at least ten times what it was in 1963 ... I also made an offer on a 1988 Avanti Convert with 4247 miles on it, to say like new is an under statement ... Not sure they will take the offer on the Avanti and hope they do on the Mopar ... Always wanted an Avanti, but this Mopar has the 426 Wedge in it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. lil johnny

lil johnny TS Member

Mine was a 1963 impala I loved that car. It could hold a lot of people in the trunk when we snunk into the drive in theater. Met my first love it that car. Got my first tickit, Went to my first dance in it, Skiped school for the first time in it and got but grounded and bit for that. And the the best of all took my dad for lunch for the first time in that car. Thanks dad I love you.

lil johnny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.